Managing Director, Executive Search, Global Practice
Nicole has over 20 years’ experience working with globally focused mission-driven organizations advising in governance, human capital, organizational development, and a variety of C-suite leadership transitions. She has expertise across many sectors, including philanthropy, impact investing and inclusive finance, international NGOs, think tanks/research, human rights, and sustainability/the environment. Her work has spanned the globe in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Americas. Based out of Chicago, her focus is on expanding Koya’s work for organizations with a global mission whether in the US or abroad.
Nicole has led senior executive searches at the Board, CEO, C-suite, Vice President, and regional and country director levels internationally.
Recent representative clients include Greenpeace USA, Reporters Without Borders, Barça Foundation, National Audubon Society, Rise Against Hunger, Possible Health, and Chicago Council on Global Affairs, among others.
Over the course of her career, additional clients she has worked with have come from the following sectors:
- INGOs: Oxfam, World Vision International, Care USA, ChildFund International, Heartland Alliance International, NearEast Foundation, and Adeso
- Human Rights: Amnesty International, Twaweza, and Haki Elimu
- Philanthropy: Synergos, Porticus Foundation, Hewlett Foundation, MasterCard Foundation, Wikimedia Foundation, and the OTHER Foundation
- Impact Investing/Social Finance: Blue Haven Initiative, Gary Community Investments, VisionFund International, Accion, and OikoCredit
- Sector specific including Health, Gender, WASH, Environmental/Sustainability: the G4 Alliance, African Population & Health Research Center, Women for Women International, Catapult, Water for People, Greenpeace International, Green Climate Fund, Environmental Defense Fund, and Global Reporting Initiative
- Other: 3ie, Overseas Development Initiative, Palladium Group, among numerous others.
Professionally, she has worked with boards in nearly all of her assignments writing corporate guidelines, developing and delivering board training materials. Nicole actively participated in the Harvard Business School’s Program on Board Leadership as well as the Policy Governance training model with John & Miriam Carver. She is currently active in the Govern for Impact global network.
Nicole has been invited to speak at various globally-focused venues including Maxwell School’s Transnational NGO Initiative at Syracuse University, InterAction International on Growing Your own Talent, Ronald McDonald House’s Global Leadership Conference on the Candidate-Driven Marketplace, adjunct professor at Eastern University on performance management, Global Impact Investing Network’s Investor Forum on diversity, equity and inclusion, and Mission Investors Exchange Institute on aligning organizational culture.
She has served in leadership capacities in organizational development, governance, board development, and senior human resources roles with globally focused organizations and presently serves as a board member of the Global Fund for Children.
Nicole holds a BA in business administration/marketing and earned an MA in human resources development.