The mission of GreatSchools is to improve education outcomes by inspiring parents to recognize, support, and demand excellence from their children and schools. In the past 16 years, GreatSchools has emerged as the nation’s leading source of preK-12 school and education information for parents. In 2013, we launched GreatSchools Local, a program that combines the knowledge and relationships of local schools, governments, and nonprofits with the technology and reach of GreatSchools. This program enables communities to provide parents with the best possible school information. Thus far, 12 cities and states have signed up for GreatSchools Local, with funding from states, foundations, and nonprofits.
GreatSchools is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Vice President, Partnership Development to help grow the impact of the organization nationally. The Vice President, Partnership Development will design and lead GreatSchools successful business development efforts with the goal of forming mutually beneficial partnerships with schools, cities, states, foundations, and corporations interested in facilitating access to robust local school data designed to help parents make informed decisions for their children. In the next several years, GreatSchools plans to be in at least 30 cities and states, up from 12 today, and reaching 35% of low-income American families. These partnerships will also serve as a mission-aligned revenue stream for the organization allowing it to continue to grow in both size and impact.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who relishes the opportunity to seek, structure, and execute complex partnerships. This candidate will bring an understanding of the education landscape, strong relationship building skills, a quest for learning and a passion for the work of GreatSchools. This is a full-time position located in Oakland, CA.
- Develop and support the ongoing growth of complex, long-term partnerships with cities, states, and school districts across the country
- Serve as a key external spokesperson representing GreatSchools to a variety of potential partners and stakeholders at conferences and other industry events
- Help to identify and secure funding sources to support GreatSchools Local partnerships both nationally and locally
- Strategically target potential localities and partners based on research, relationships, and possible funding streams
- Work closely with the GreatSchools Marketing team to design appropriate collateral designed to secure partnerships
- Contribute strategically to other lines of business across the organization related to school information partnerships (e.g. data licensing) and educational resources
- Passion for the mission of GreatSchools and the ability to effectively communicate the value of the GreatSchools Local product to a wide variety of constituents
- Proven success in a business development, government markets or partnership development role within an entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrated experience pursuing and closing complex deals involving public and private stakeholders
- Experience in sales, particularly in state and local government markets
- A proven self-starter who is driven by results
- Sophisticated communicator with excellent written and oral communications and an ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated success in networking to build creative and mutually beneficial business relationships within the corporate, public, and nonprofit sectors
- Strategic, analytical approach combined with a strong focus on relationships, professionalism, and humor
- Strong organizational skills including outstanding attention to detail and a keen focus on follow-through
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
GreatSchools has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Erin Reedy at https://koya.refineapp.com/jobPosting/apply/976.
GreatSchools is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
Founded in 1998, GreatSchools is a national nonprofit that helps parents get a great education for their children. Our programs inspire parents to aim high for their kids, helping them build skills and access resources to guide their children to education success. We believe that when millions of American parents support education excellence at home and demand it at school, we can fundamentally transform the landscape of education in the U.S.
The Webby award-winning website, GreatSchools.org, had nearly 60 million unique visitors last year and reaches more than half of all U.S. families with school-age children every year. As the nation’s leading guide to preK-12 schools, the site offers profiles of about 200,000 public and private schools and more than one million ratings and reviews by parents, teachers, and students. In addition, GreatSchools offers thousands of research-based articles, videos, and worksheets to help parents support their children’s learning.
Our staff of approximately 65 has expertise in digital media, parenting, and education. We work together to create innovative and impactful resources for families, combining high-quality research with intuitive design. Headquartered in Oakland, CA, GreatSchools has local programs in many locations across the country.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit: www.koyapartners.com.