IFF is a mission-driven lender, real estate consultant, and developer that helps communities thrive by creating opportunities for low-income communities and people with disabilities. Key to our success has been a deep sense of purpose, a broad perspective, and a relentless focus on achieving positive results. Social return can coincide with financial return.
Across the Midwest, we help clients from every sector, including human service agencies, health centers, schools, housing developers, and grocery stores. Our staff of nearly 100 professionals works from our Chicago headquarters, and we also serve the Midwest from six regional offices: Indianapolis, IN; Detroit, MI; Minneapolis, MN; St. Louis, MO; Columbus, OH; and Milwaukee, WI.
IFF is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. We are the largest nonprofit CDFI in the Midwest and one of only a few nationally to earn the AERIS five-star, triple-A, policy-plus rating. Since 1988, we have made more than $700 million in loans, leveraged $2.3 billion in community investments, and grown our total managed assets to $606 million.
Under a new strategic plan designed to increase the geographic reach and impact of IFF, the organization is seeking a creative and experienced Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Resource Development (VP) who will bring a passion for the mission of IFF and a demonstrated commitment to improving lives and communities. Reporting directly to the CEO and a key member of the senior management team, the VP will lead efforts to identify, steward and establish strategic partnerships with a variety of community partners, seek out new capital and grant opportunities, and support innovative community development strategies to advance IFF’s mission of change throughout communities.
The VP of Strategic Partnerships and Resource Development will be responsible for a diversified funding model that includes traditional fundraising elements, namely foundation support, alongside new models of resource development including impact investing, social impact funds, venture philanthropy or other partnerships that leverage the unique programmatic model that IFF offers. Working closely with the CEO, the VP of Strategic Partnerships and Resource Development will serve as a leading spokesperson and representative with funding partners and prospects. In addition, she will provide leadership and strategic direction to a highly skilled team in managing effective relationships to ensure continued funding growth.
This is a full-time position in Chicago, Illinois. For more information about IFF please visit http://www.iff.org/.
The Vice President for Strategic Partnerships and Resource Development will be responsible for the following:
- Research, implement and support a vision and long range plan for achieving IFF’s goals through significant new grant and investment capital and strategic partnerships.
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with current funders, and develop relationships with new investors, funders and foundations throughout the Midwest and nationally.
- Develop a deep understanding of IFF’s needs and priorities that are appropriate for funding requests, and, working with program staff, design and manage a work plan of seeking and obtaining grants based on annual goals.
- Manage a highly skilled professional, resource development team on prospect research, donor cultivation and stewardship and grant submittals and reporting.
- Support key internal initiatives related to fostering a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, as well as advancing data-informed decision making across the organization.
- Work closely on strategic communications to align content development and collateral materials that amplify IFF’s mission and impact to a diverse audience including investors, thought leaders and community partners.
- Leverage IFF’s finance, research and real estate expertise into national opportunities even while maximizing IFF’s local role in target markets.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- Passion for the mission of IFF and a belief in the power of partnerships to help change communities.
- Familiarity with the full range of partners from which IFF raises funds: government, foundations, community foundations, religious investors, family foundations, corporate foundations, and other emerging impact investors.
- Demonstrated track record of translating innovative programmatic concepts into written documents and proposals.
- Experience supporting and/or leading on corporate or nonprofit communications at the strategy level to support and advance resource development and program strategy.
- A deep commitment to radical collaboration and teamwork, as well as an understanding of the power of partnerships in community development.
- Excellent communications skills and comfort working with a diverse set of colleagues and investors required.
- Creativity, detail-orientation, diligence, efficiency, enthusiasm, flexibility, organization, thoughtfulness, and a sense of humor.
- Minimum of ten years of managerial experience in strategy or resource development roles with a track record of growth and increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
IFF has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. To apply, please submit a compelling letter of interest and resume to Erin Reedy here.
IFF values equity, diversity and inclusion as part of its mission to strengthen nonprofits and the communities they serve. IFF is an equal opportunity employer.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, educational institutions, and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit http://www.koyapartners.com.