About Echoing Green:
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $42 million in funding to over 700 Fellows who have worked in more than 75 countries and 39 U.S. states.
They’ve established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched Teach for America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in public and private funding. Echoing Green unleashes unexpected potential by tracking down the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. They are fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
As Echoing Green continues to expand its network of leaders and change-makers, the Vice President, Development will bring a strategic and insightful lens to engaging individual and institutional donors in the organization’s work. Ideal candidates will be driven by social justice and will be passionate about Echoing Green’s mission. The Vice President, Development role is a full-time position located in New York City.
The Vice President, Development will report to the President, Cheryl Dorsey, and will serve as a key member of the Executive Team, partnering with the President, peers, and a deeply engaged Board of Directors.
The Vice President, Development of Echoing Green will possess the following attributes and competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and apply a strategy to retain a $10M annual fund and expand a base of support to a $15M goal in coming years through relationships with high-net worth individuals and institutional partnerships
- Demonstrated experience soliciting six-figure gifts and capability to manage seven-figure gifts. Must also be able to solicit multi-year gifts
- Extensive understanding of strategic donor cultivation/moves management, research, and pipeline development for a national portfolio of major/leadership gifts and complex foundation/corporate partnerships
- Comfort developing and leveraging communications effectively to engage donors and publicize key partnerships
- Understanding of and/or enthusiasm to learn about impact investing as a growing form of revenue
- Previous experience securing event leadership and honorees for high-level benefit events
- Experience working with an active and high-profile Board of Directors to cultivate and steward engagement with the organization, including Board fundraising efforts
- History of engaging Board Members around short-term and long-term fundraising goals
- Understanding of Board expansion with enthusiasm to work with Board of Directors to identify and engage new Board prospects
- Enthusiasm to serve as a member of the Executive Team and to contribute to organizational leadership, including responding to complex and sensitive situations
- Capability to galvanize and lead President, Executive Team members, and mid-level program managers in building a culture of philanthropy for the organization
- Experience inspiring, supporting, and managing a team of four high-performing development professionals
- Track-record leading a team toward building and maintaining robust, data-driven systems to support a dynamic development operation
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with Vice President, Finance and Administration to implement and manage the organization’s financial goals
- Capacity to assess fundraising risks and accurately forecast revenue pipeline
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Track record of success working in close partnership with a dynamic CEO or President and direct experience working with high-powered Board Members
- At least seven to ten years of successful experience in cultivating deep relationships with major donors or investors
- Demonstrated success increasing the number of donors and/or investors in a portfolio of prospects, as well as the scale of contributions
- Creative and entrepreneurial approach, with an orientation toward results
- Comfort establishing clear metrics and driving results according to plan, while maintaining a high degree of flexibility and creativity within a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally and in writing
- Certified Fund Raising Executive is a plus
- Autonomous and thoughtful approach to problem-solving
- Collaborative, flexible, and innovative leadership and managerial style
- Well-suited to leadership in an entrepreneurial, collegial setting; excited to be part of a “roll-up-your-sleeves” culture
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Energetic, positive outlook
- Understanding of or passion for social justice in the U.S. and globally
- Ability to travel as needed (approximately 10-15%)
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan with an employer match.
Echoing Green has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Molly Brennan and Melissa Madzel here.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, educational institutions and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit www.koyapartners.com.