Washington, DC | January 14, 2020
Two Rivers Public Charter School is seeking an experienced and dynamic leader to become its next Executive Director.
Founded by more than three dozen parents from the Capitol Hill neighborhood, Two Rivers opened in the fall of 2004. The school’s mission is to nurture a diverse group of students to become lifelong, active participants in their own education, develop a sense of self and community, and become responsible and compassionate members of society. Two Rivers is an EL-credentialed school and an EL mentor school, a model of education developed by a group of Harvard educators and was chosen by New American Schools as one of 12 models for comprehensive school reform. At Two Rivers, educators take a whole child approach, recognizing the importance of character education and the social-emotional needs of children throughout the learning process. The education model involves consistent approaches that foster social responsibility; and classroom organization and family communication strategies to involve families as partners in their children’s education.
At this important moment in its history, Two Rivers seeks a passionate leader and visionary strategist. Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director (ED) is the chief executive officer who has responsibility for impact, staff, academic performance, operations, and implementation of the mission of Two Rivers. The ED provides strategic leadership for organizational development, annual goals and objectives, program implementation, financial oversight, and fundraising. The successful ED will be an active listener and learner, strong collaborator, and an inclusive leader. The ideal candidate will inspire and motivate faculty, staff, children and parents to realize the Two Rivers mission for all students.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated ability to develop and support a strong Board of Trustees and promote Board engagement in strategic planning, resource development, and overall organizational wellness.
- Experience creating effective partnerships, developing new funding sources, and proactively identifying and prioritizing the needs of an organization in order to fulfill the mission.
- Commitment to ensuring high ethical standards and compliance with laws, policies, and procedures governing an organization’s performance, child safety and school safety.
- Proven track record of leading, coaching, developing, and retaining a high-performing leadership team.
- Leadership and Strategic Planning:
- Set a vision and strategy for the organization to achieve its mission and goals.
- External Relations and Development:
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for Two Rivers and ensure that the organization and its mission are consistently presented accurately and positively to relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as a regional and national expert who publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the program as a model for regional and national replication.
- Operational Planning and Management:
- Ensure the success of all compliance processes including, but not limited to, accreditation, PCSB and federal reporting, and charter renewal processes.
- Oversee fiscal planning, yearly budget, and spending to ensure that the organization is fiscally sound.
- Leading a High-Performing Team:
- Develop and maintain a positive and welcoming climate which attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse and high-performing staff.
- Consistently and effectively collaborate with the senior leadership team to ensure organizational success.
Two Rivers has retained the services of Diversified Search to assist in this search. Interested candidates please e-mail your cover letter and resume to TwoRiversED@divsearch.com.
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm that works exclusively with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.