Remote, USA | July 2, 2021
About The Trevor Project
Founded in 1998, The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 22 years.
For more information on the Trevor Project please visit thetrevorproject.org
The Senior Director of Development Operations is a newly created position that will oversee the optimization of all development systems and processes, donor stewardship, and events. This individual will manage a team of 8 staff with 4 direct reports and work closely with leaders across The Trevor Project to build an organization that can efficiently and effectively serve exponentially more LGBTQ youth.
Who You Are
- Builder. You’re someone who thinks strategically. You’re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- Goal-oriented. You set aggressive goals that are achievable, then focus on exceeding them
- Experienced. You’re a Salesforce pro and development operations guru. You’re not phased by complex development operations with interdependent parts. You draw from your full-stack experience to deliver innovative solutions across multiple platforms.
- Action-oriented. You know how to get things done. You operate with urgency and efficiency. You know how to identify problems and love to develop plans informed by data to deliver and solve them.
- Analytic. You’re comfortable with quantitative models and can also think holistically about numbers and impact.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork.
- Flexible. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities.
- Process and Systems Oriented. You see the logistical processes and structures that can solve detailed problems in the day-to-day work of a fast-paced, high-volume workflow.
- Digital savvy. You maintain a digital-first mindset and enjoy figuring out how to make processes more efficient and effective through the use of technology.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the hiring, managing, mentoring, and evaluation of staff, fostering an environment of commitment, passion, and professionalism
- Build and ensure the optimized use of fundraising systems, processes, and automation
- Oversee daily gift processing and data integrity
- Lead data analysis and reporting, including designing and maintaining dashboards
- Deliver a continuing program of donor acknowledgement and stewardship, including appreciation and recognition of donor programs to ensure a high-quality donor experience
- Work collaboratively and strategically to plan, organize, and execute regular donor events and engagement opportunities
Compensation & Benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet stipend, and reimbursement to outfit your work from home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Michelle Bonoan and Maleka Pensky of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role please submit your materials here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.