Remote, USA | July 23, 2021
About The Trevor Project
Founded in 1998, The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 22 years.
For more information on the Trevor Project please visit thetrevorproject.org
Overview of the Role
The Director of Campaigns is an exciting new role charged with designing and leading campaign strategy for The Trevor Project. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, this role will manage a team of Campaign Managers and work closely with the rest of the Marketing team, as well as the Creative and Communications teams to deliver high-impact marketing campaigns. The Director will also collaborate with key leaders across the organization to determine campaign priorities, strategies, and tactics focused on a wide range of objectives and audiences (e.g., cause marketing campaigns with corporate sponsors; brand marketing campaigns to increase awareness/positive perception of the organization; raising email list subscription size; or driving traffic to conversion points on the website). This is an ideal role for a highly strategic, outcomes-focused digital marketing professional passionate about serving LGBTQ youth.
Who You Are
- Innovate. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved. You’re always thinking about trends in social media and tech and how we can leverage these tools.
- Results-focused. You set clear timelines and drive projects to completion. You know that delivering on goals and metrics is the key to having a significant impact and growing our programs.
- A digital maestro. You understand digital platforms, how they differ, and how they can be utilized most effectively to reach your strategic goals. Familiarity with marketing platforms such as Facebook’s Business Platform, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, and YouTube is preferred.
- People leader. You know how to hire the best people for the job and how to develop individuals professionally.
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage complex projects. You can communicate clearly and concisely. The moment you see a problem, you quickly come up with solutions and then implement them.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork.
- Builder. You’re excited about the opportunity to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and develop a team of two Campaign Managers as they work with key program areas (crisis services, peer support, research, education and public awareness, and advocacy) to execute campaigns that elevate their work helping to save young LGBTQ lives.
- Assist in the creation and development of the organization’s overall marketing strategy from a campaign-focused point of view.
- Oversee all campaign strategies across all Trevor channels including email, social media (paid and organic), newsletters, internal communications, etc. This will also include creating opportunities for outside partners (peer organizations, corporate development partners, NGOs, etc.) to activate at key moments in support of Trevor.
- Create and execute prioritization strategies based on existing organizational bandwidth and feedback from your direct reports.
- Lead determination of campaign budget and KPIs, and oversee campaign implementation, project management, tracking, measurement, and debriefs.
- Assist in your direct report’s delivery of regular reports on campaign performance and timelines.
Compensation & Benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance (we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life), including gender affirmation surgery
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet stipend, and reimbursement to outfit your work from home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Michelle Bonoan and Maleka Pensky of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role please submit your materials here or email to [email protected] and [email protected]. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.