New York, NY or Washington, DC | February 20, 2020
About Supermajority Education Fund
Women are on the cusp of becoming the most powerful force in America. But to fundamentally transform this country, we need to pull together the millions of women who are already engaged and amplify and expand their civic participation. Supermajority Education Fund is a new effort to build women’s power across the country by training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community who will lead the fight for gender equity. We will provide women with the tools, resources, and knowledge they need to channel the energy and activism of this moment and build it into a long-term movement for change.
Our goal is to engage millions of women and others who share common values on the need to achieve gender equity. Supermajority Education Fund will provide the training and community-building to help people both stay engaged and also increase their skills and confidence as advocates and grassroots organizers. We seek to build a national cohort of leaders that is multiracial and intergenerational, representing the diversity of our country, who learn from us and from each other about the powerful possibility of women. Through ongoing exposure to leaders, community efforts and issue education, we will create a united force across America that can work together to create the will to make substantive progress on issues that affect millions of women – from reproductive equity to affordable child care to equal pay. Supermajority Education Fund was created out of the belief that women know how to solve these problems but we need a trained, organized and united national movement in order to make real lasting change.
About the Role – Deputy Director of Development
Supermajority Education Fund is seeking a Deputy Director of Development Director to join the team. Reporting to the Development Director, the Deputy Development Director will be integral in creating and implementing a finance plan and supporting the execution of principal and surrogate development travel. A successful candidate will have experience raising funds from a diverse set of sources including, but not limited to major donors, foundation, and low dollar grassroots supporters.
The Deputy Development Director will help with the day-to-day execution of the fundraising plan, provide support to the Development Director, which might include but is not limited to preparing documents for prospective and existing donors, partnering with the digital team to support grassroots fundraising efforts, and maintaining a donor database. The ideal candidate will be proactive, detail-oriented, communicative, creative and organized.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Contribute to the creation and execution of the annual development plan
- Establish and manage a portfolio of existing and prospective donor relationships, including soliciting donors for 4, 5 and 6 figure gifts
- Help manage the development database and tracking systems for all donors
- Perform research and other tasks to identify prospective donors;
- Coordinate with our operations, budget and departmental teams to support day-to-day activity
- Help manage all fundraising events and meetings, including maintaining the development calendar of events
- Draft meeting memos and donor correspondence
- Providing ongoing support to the Development Director
- Assist and manage logistics for development events, including, but not limited to: creating and distributing invitations; managing response lists, and all logistics relating to the event program and format
- Manage donor database entries and generate reports.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Commitment to the values of the Super Majority Education Fund, most critically working with a multicultural workforce, with sensitivity and appreciation for cultural differences
- Experience raising money from diverse sources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Event management experience is a plus
- Experience with raising funds for various types of legal entities
- Interest and experience with women’s rights and advocacy organizations a plus
The Application Process
Supermajority has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. To apply, please create a Basic Profile using this link or click the Express Interest button. The process takes no more than 5 minutes and all you need is your resume. Lastly, while there is an option to submit a cover letter, we kindly request that you not submit one as it will not be read.
Individuals who complete the profile by February 28th will be given priority; therefore, we encourage you to submit yours soon!
This evaluation process will follow best practices shown to reduce bias in decision making and may be different from other application processes you have experienced. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please feel free to email email@example.com.