At the SEIU 775 Benefits Group, we are leading the transformation of home care into a thriving career and helping to prevent the coming care crisis. With 8,000 people turning 65 every day in the U.S., there are not enough qualified, trained workers to care for the exponential rise in older adults needing care. Through groundbreaking initiatives, the SEIU 775 Benefits Group and partners in government, labor and private industry are ensuring that Washington state home care workers have access to the skills and support they need to stay and grow in the field.
Over the next decade, demand for home care workers will grow to more than 2 million jobs nationwide making home care America’s “top job.” Yet, this “top job” is not a good job for most workers and is characterized by limited training and healthcare, no retirement security, high on-the-job injury, and no career advancement opportunity. At the SEIU 775 Benefits Group we are working with partners in labor, public, and private sectors to lead the nation in changing this picture by offering workforce development solutions across training, health, and retirement services that together are helping to re-invent home care a good job and prevent the coming care crisis. The Aspen Institute described us as “one of the country’s most ambitious sector strategy initiatives.” For example, we operate the nation’s leading educational institution for home care workers training more than 40,000 home care workers annually in 200 locations and online and in 13 languages.
This is a full-time position located in Seattle, WA. For more information on SEIU 775 Benefits Group, please visit www.myseiubenefits.org.
This founding position is the Executive Director’s chief partner on all strategy and activity related to innovation and insights and is a member of the senior leadership team. We are seeking a dynamic leader to anchor our new Innovation and Insights team dedicated to re-inventing home care as a good job and preventing the coming care crisis for seniors and people with disabilities. This team of researchers, designers, and developers, part of a high impact, fast growing organization, will lead the development of new services and major re-design of existing services using lean start-up and design thinking methods. In addition, the team will generate insights for teams operating services at scale to improve quality.
- Anchor a team of researchers, designers, and developers to build new services and generate insights that will be used across the organization for new service development by the Insights and Innovation Team, as well as by those operating services at scale who need insights to lead continuous improvement cycles
- Deploy service design, lean start-up, and design thinking methods, tools, and culture
- Cultivate enterprise-wide culture of design thinking
- Develop and manage team, budget, and success metrics
- From time-to-time be assigned other duties commensurate with the level of this position
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in innovation, design, business development, or similar with 5 years of progressive, hands-on experience related to this position.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong track record and enthusiasm for deploying new technology to optimize service delivery design
- The ability to move between micro and macro orientations with judgment and must be willing to jump in and get “hands dirty” with detail when necessary
- Strong ability to clearly communicate logic verbally and through writing, sketching, and graphic design
- Strong critical thinking and design thinking ability
- Strong commitment to continuous personal learning and organizational learning
- Previous experience empowering and mentoring individuals and teams
- Strong management experience including budget management and infrastructure development
- A sense of humor
- Strong connection to improving home care jobs to benefit workers, consumers, and society
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Liz Lombard here.
The SEIU 775 Benefits Group is an equal opportunity employer.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.