San Francisco, CA | November 1, 2019
About Out & Equal Workplace Advocates
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer workplace equality.
Led by CEO Erin Uritus, Out & Equal partners with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, Out & Equal has worked with executives, HR professionals, Employee Resource Groups, and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces that are free of discrimination.
Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit, where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
For more information on Out & Equal, please visit outandequal.org.
Out & Equal is seeking a Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships to lead its partnerships and engagement work, which is central to achieving the organization’s mission and responsible for more than 90% of the organization’s revenue. The Senior Director will understand how organizations work and how to get results, and will be a strategic and entrepreneurial relationship-builder who can effectively lead Out & Equal’s corporate partnerships work into its next phase of impact and engagement.
Reporting to Chief Operating Officer Rachel Rubin, the Senior Director will:
- Partner with the CEO, staff, and the Board to implement and refine the newly devised strategy for partnerships and engagement
- Lead and support a growing team of four, ensuring that they are equipped to meet their annual goals and priorities
- Maintain a small, high-touch portfolio of current and prospective corporate partners
- Work with staff across the organization to initiate and manage relationships with current and prospective corporate partners, including strategizing on related events and communications
- Effectively communicate the Out & Equal mission and its priorities at events, meetings, and in public forums
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies and characteristics:
- At least 10 years of experience building corporate partnerships, with a focus on growth and outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing, refining, and implementing an engagement strategy
- Ability to build rapport with ease
- Honesty and integrity – a person who can be trusted without reservation
- Proven leadership skills – a mentor and coach with a focus on professional development
- A strong commitment to using intersectional approaches to promote Out & Equal’s mission of workplace inclusion for all; experience with LGBTQ issues and communities a plus, but not required
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full time, exempt position based in San Francisco, CA, with travel required approximately four times per year. Occasional work during evenings and weekends will be required. Salary will be determined upon hiring, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills, but will be in the range of $100-150K per year.
Out & Equal’s generous benefits package includes four weeks of paid vacation in addition to 10 office holidays and sick leave; fully employer-paid medical, vision and dental insurance for staff members; FSA and commuter benefits; EAP; life and disability insurance; and 401k plan with employer match and a 6% safe harbor contribution after one year.
Out & Equal has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Meghan Franklin here.
Providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all is at the heart of Out & Equal’s mission, and the team is committed to maximizing the diversity of the organization through its hiring practices and the values staff bring to the work every day. Out & Equal strongly encourages people of color, trans and nonbinary people, people with disabilities, and women to apply. Out & Equal complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy – The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World – guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.