Wishes are more than just a nice thing. A wish experience can be a game-changer for a child with a life-threatening medical condition.
This one belief guides us in everything we do at Make-A-Wish®. It inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve. It compels us to be creative in exceeding the expectations of every wish kid. It drives us to make our donated resources go as far as possible.
Tens of thousands of volunteers, donors and supporters advance the Make-A-Wish® vision to grant the wish of every child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition. In the United States and its territories, on average, a wish is granted every 34 minutes. We believe a wish experience can be a game-changer. This one belief guides us and inspires us to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids we serve.
Whatever the odds, whatever the obstacles … wishes find a way to make the world better.
The Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island Chapter is seeking a Regional Director for the Rhode Island office. The Regional Director (RD) will be responsible for implementing the strategic plan at a local level, with responsibility for fundraising (events and other), volunteer and Board of Advisors management and community operations. In addition, the RD will be responsible for all local fundraising and community awareness programs. S/he will be a leader in communicating the Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island vision and program objectives to internal and external constituencies, while also working collaboratively with leadership and colleagues at Make-A-Wish, regional board members and volunteers. The ideal candidate will have proven success in fundraising and managing programs and will be outgoing, resourceful, solution-oriented and comfortable working within a national organizational structure while also working independently.
This is a full-time position located in East Providence, RI. For more information about the Make-A-Wish® Foundation, please visit http://wish.org/about-us.
The Regional Director will be responsible for the following:
- Proactively implement a comprehensive fundraising plan in Rhode Island. Accountable for driving donation growth through lead generation, developing broad-based funding sources to ensure a continuing stable financial base for the mission and statewide operations.
- Identify, secure and steward individual, corporate and foundation support for the organization in both financial and in-kind donations. Build and maintain relationships to ensure consistent donor retention and satisfaction.
- Successfully implement and execute on special events in Rhode Island to maximize outcomes and value to the donors, volunteers and the Foundation.
- Engage, recognize and steward volunteers, committee members and RIAC members in activities and life of the organization.
- Represent the Foundation at events, promotions and speaking engagements as appropriate.
- Implement Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island and Make-A-Wish America (National) corporate partnerships and promotional opportunities in Rhode Island.
- Lead, support and engage in the recruitment and stewardship of volunteers within the region.
- Lead regional office staff members and develop strong connections with colleagues throughout the territory.
- Ensure compliance with Chapter and National standards, ensuring sound business practices and fiscal responsibility.
- Ensure financial accountability for contributions and income. Safeguard and follow standards for all organizational assets in Rhode Island.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of Make-A-Wish and its importance to our community
- Proven track record as a successful fundraiser with experience cultivating relationships and generating revenue from corporations, individuals, foundations and special events
- Strategic planning expertise with a focus on creating and implementing fundraising plans
- Experience with budget management along with planning and operations responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to identify and garner new funding sources for growth initiatives
- Collaborative work style, a strong sense of integrity and an ability to inspire employees and volunteers alike
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working within a relational database, utilizing Microsoft Office Suite; PowerPoint presentation skills a plus
- Ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including key community leaders and organizations.
- Ability to network and build effective collaborative relationships with colleagues
- Effective data-driven problem-solving and decision-making skills
- 5+ years management and leadership experience with nonprofit experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree preferred
The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Massachusetts and Rhode Island has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. To apply, please submit a compelling letter of interest and resume to Erin Reedy here.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Massachusetts and Rhode Island is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT applicants.
Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.