Oakland, CA | October 21, 2020
IGNITE is a national, non-partisan 501c3 that is building a movement of young women who are ready and eager to become the next generation of political leaders. We offer civic education, exposure to elected women, hands on training and work opportunities, and a peer network of women who support each other’s aspirations.
IGNITE has a national office (located in Oakland, CA) that is responsible for:
- Developing and codifying IGNITE programs, packaging them and making them digitally available.
- Developing a national communications calendar (including social media) and managing all communications.
- Developing national partnerships.
- Working in partnership with staff to prepare individual, foundation and corporate proposals.
- Working in partnership with staff to raise individual contributions from supporters across the US.
- Securing corporate sponsorships to support national-scale work.
- Developing annual budgets and managing all agency resources.
IGNITE staff are located across the country and work cross-functionally on regional and content-area teams. While this position reports to the Executive Director, s/he will need to maintain positive, collaborative relationships with program staff in other parts of the country and be comfortable collaborating virtually. The Regional Program Director will serve on the Programs Team and work in conjunction with state and national staff to advance IGNITE’s mission. This position can be based in the Bay Area, Los Angeles or Seattle.
IGNITE is searching for a seasoned Program Director with over 5 years of supervision, coaching and training experience. The Regional Program Director will lead the West Coast region to meet our national programmatic goals. S/he will be responsible for all hiring, training and supervision within the region, project manage events (in person and virtual) across the region and collaborate with IGNITE team and regional stakeholders to achieve and further IGNITE’s mission.
Program Development & Administration
Lead program development and administration across our K12 programs, college programs and training in person and virtual events within the region.
- Provide supervision to all regional programmatic direct reports (Coordinator and Fellow)
- Supervise team members in: Fresno/Central Valley, Los Angeles – Southern CA, San Diego, Seattle, Las Vegas and Phoenix (expanding to new sites each year)
- meet with team members weekly to ensure they are meeting programmatic benchmarks
- Help develop local Kitchen Cabinets to support Fellows in the region
- Work with local Fellows Kitchen Cabinet to ensure Fellows are meeting benchmarks and goals
- Work cross functionally to manage Fellows events and training needs – from ordering food to supporting with connections with elected leaders and speakers
- Provide program oversight for all IGNITE K12 programs within the region
- Conduct school site visits/virtual check-ins with facilitators and on-site school contacts
- Manage program calendar, including tracking program start/end dates, school closure dates, guest speakers and special events
- Recruit, interview, hire and lead facilitator training, provide supervision and support across the academic year
- Attend meetings and conferences within your region to pitch the IGNITE brand to schools and community-based organizations
- Ensure the growth of college programming within the region
- Lead program development and implementation of college programs within the region
- Manage a cadre of college chapters within the region – through coaching college chapter leaders to meet organizational goals
- Work with Program Directors to develop curriculum and programming for all national college programs
- Lead, plan and execute political leadership events that includes prominent speakers, political leadership training and policy advocacy
- Work with Policy Manager to host IGNITE the Capitol field trips within your region
- Collaboratively work with regional team to host Alumni Events to connect alumni with each other, elected officials and opportunities to advance their political careers.
- Collaborate with Chief Partnership Officer for national and regional partnerships
- Travel to different IGNITE markets to visit Program staff, fellows and meet program participants
- IGNITE will send staff to represent the organization at a variety of events, meetings or convenings
- Ensure all Program staff, Fellows and Facilitators are collecting participant data
- Work with Programs team to create, develop and administer program evaluations
Fundraising and Communications
- Collaboratively work with Regional Major Gifts Directors to fundraise for programming and ensure all grants are fulfilled
- Support National team in relevant fundraising campaigns throughout the year
- Extraordinary flexibility and willingness to adapt to new internal and external conditions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred, degree in public policy, political science, nonprofit management, education or related field a plus
- Prior or current supervision and HR related experience (5+ years)
- Prior program management experience (4 or more years)
- Prior meeting planning or program admin/coordination experience preferred
- Experience working in youth development organizations
- Strong project management skills with prior experience managing complex and/or multifaceted programs with measurable successes and program growth
- Strong communication, administration, organization, coordination and analytical skills essential
- Ability to build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with multiple, diverse constituents
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Computer literate, fully proficient with MS Office suite, above average knowledge and proficiency with social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) a plus
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse community
- Ability to physically bend, push, stand and walk; must be able upon occasion to move or lift approximately 25 pounds
$75,000 – $100,000 base with health benefits and generous time off package.
To make recommendations or express your interest in this role, please submit a resume and cover letter using this link.