New York, NY | December 18, 2020
IGNITE is a national, non-partisan 501c3 that is building a movement of young women who are ready and eager to become the next generation of political leaders. We offer civic education, exposure to elected women, hands on training and work opportunities, and a peer network of women who support each other’s aspirations.
IGNITE has national staff that are responsible for:
- Developing a national communications calendar (including social media) and managing all communications.
- Developing national partnerships.
- Working in partnership with staff to prepare individual, foundation and corporate proposals.
- Working in partnership with staff to raise individual contributions from supporters across the US.
- Securing corporate sponsorships to support national-scale work.
- Developing annual budgets and managing all agency resources.
IGNITE staff are located across the country and work cross-functionally on regional and content-area teams. While this position reports to the Chief Program Officer, s/he will need to maintain positive, collaborative relationships with program staff in other parts of the country and be comfortable collaborating virtually. The Regional Program Director will serve on the Programs Team and work in conjunction with state and national staff to advance IGNITE’s mission. This position will be based in New York.
IGNITE is searching for a seasoned Program Director with over 5 years of supervision, coaching and training experience. The Regional Program Director will lead the Northeast region to meet our national programmatic goals. S/he will be responsible for all hiring, training and supervision within the region, project manage events (in person and virtual) across the region and collaborate with IGNITE team and regional stakeholders to achieve and further IGNITE’s mission.
- Directly: 5 – 8 employees
- Indirectly: Up to 10 employees
Overall Leadership: The Regional Program Director will ensure that IGNITE programs in their region exemplify the IGNITE mission and contribute to the sustainability of our organization. The Regional Program Director will work in partnership with program leadership to develop and implement an inclusive, empowering and goal driven culture to increase positive social impact.
- Supervision and Coaching of Staff: Recruit, hire and supervise regional program employees; implement and oversee professional development and/or training for regional program staff and Fellows.
- Program Delivery: develop and implement programs to meet the needs of the IGNITE community that range from civic engagement to political leadership training via K-8, high school, college, training and alumni programming.
- Program Assessment and improvement: contribute to program evaluation to assess programmatic impact.
- Funding: collaboratively work with Regional Major Gifts Directors to fundraise for programming and ensure all grants are fulfilled
- Project Management and Administration: ensure that national initiatives are disseminated and administered within the region. Lead programming within the programs team.
- Travel: Travel to different IGNITE markets to visit Program staff, fellows and meet program participants
- Extraordinary flexibility and willingness to adapt to new internal and external conditions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred, degree in public policy, political science, nonprofit management, education or related field a plus
- Prior or current supervision and HR related experience (5+ years)
- Prior program management experience (4 or more years)
- Prior meeting planning or program admin/coordination experience preferred
- Experience working in youth development organizations
- Strong project management skills with prior experience managing complex and/or multifaceted programs with measurable successes and program growth
- Strong communication, administration, organization, coordination and analytical skills essential
- Ability to build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships with multiple, diverse constituents
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Computer literate, fully proficient with MS Office suite, above average knowledge and proficiency with social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) a plus
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse community
- Ability to physically bend, push, stand and walk; must be able upon occasion to move or lift approximately 25 pounds
$75,000 – $100,000 base with health benefits and generous time off package.
To express interest, please submit a compelling cover letter and resume here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.