San Francisco, CA | October 22, 2019
About the Foundation
The David and Lucile Packard Foundation is a family foundation guided by the enduring business philosophy and personal values of Lucile and David Packard, who helped found one of the world’s leading technology companies. Their approach to business and community participation has guided the Foundation’s philanthropy for more than 50 years.
About Conservation & Science (C&S)
The Conservation and Science Program is focused on the challenge of sustainability, finding development paths that meet human needs while protecting and restoring the ecological systems upon which all life depends. We invest in action and ideas that conserve and restore ecosystems while enhancing human well-being. Within the Conservation and Science Program, the Indonesia Marine strategy focuses on a region that is home to rich marine biodiversity but has some of the world’s fastest-growing populations and economies that place tremendous stress on its resources. Our goal is to ensure the health and productivity of Indonesia’s marine environments in the face of rapidly increasing pressures.
As a Program Associate, you will report to the Program Operations Manager and will provide support for the Indonesia Marine Strategy Program Officer within Conservation & Science. In this role, your duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Grants Management & Grantee Support
- Process grants through their full lifecycle, including creating, maintaining, and updating electronic grant files according to the Foundation’s legal and financial requirements.
- Learn and understand the Indonesia Marine strategy to inform work with grantees; participate in strategy refinement and monitoring, evaluation, & learning as needed.
- Work closely with grantees to submit the required information and assist grantees with system & guideline support.
- Facilitate the development and management of the strategy’s grant & operations budget; track meeting expenses and work with staff to ensure attendees are reimbursed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate team calls and team calendaring, as appropriate; schedule & plan logistics of on-site and off-site meetings for both internal and external participants.
- Participate in and lead meetings to produce collaborative work products & improve processes.
- Proactively research, develop, and edit content for correspondence, reports, and meetings.
- Serve as project manager on high-level visits for executives/trustees, and major conferences.
Organizational Partnering & Initiatives
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with a wide range of organizations and individuals, including grantees, partners, and foundation employees.
- Coordinate regularly with international advisers & partners to meet program needs.
- Pursue ongoing professional development opportunities and participate in Foundation-wide training sessions.
We’re looking for someone
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Strong administrative and project management skills and experience.
- Comfort with quantitative data, budgets, and financial information.
- Rigorous attention to detail, methodical, swift, and accurate.
- A pro-active, collaborative attitude.
- A desire to grow one’s own cultural competence and a dedication to participate in the Foundation’s work to integrate justice and equity into all facets of our work.
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong relationships that inspire openness and trust.
- Intellectually curious, insightful, and resourceful.
- Able to take initiative and drive work with moderate supervision and guidance.
- Intentional about creating order, ensuring deadlines are met, and planning ahead.
- Able to handle confidential information with complete discretion.
The Application Process
To apply, please create a Basic Profile using this link or click the Express Interest button above. The process takes no more than 5 minutes and all you need is your resume.
Individuals who complete the profile by Wednesday, October 30th will be given priority; therefore, we encourage you to submit yours soon!
Lastly, while this is an option to submit a cover letter, we kindly request that you not submit one as it will not be read.
This evaluation process will follow best practices shown to reduce bias in decision making and may be different from other application processes you have experienced.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please feel free to email email@example.com.