Flexible Location, USA | March 30, 2021
About Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC)
Catalyzing Excellence in Primary Care
Quality primary care is transformative and a cornerstone of healthy, thriving communities. PCDC, a nationally recognized 501(c)(3) community development financial institution (CDFI), catalyzes excellence in primary care through strategic community investment, capacity building, and policy initiatives to achieve health equity. The organization is experiencing significant growth due to its past success and seeks candidates who are mission-driven and respectful and thrive in a supportive, team environment.
PCDC’s Capital Investment Practice invests in communities by providing advisory services and flexible, affordable capital to create lasting and sustainable impact for the organizations and the communities they serve. PCDC is uniquely positioned to provide financing that is tailored to transforming and expanding primary care, including, wherever possible, the integration of comprehensive medical, dental, and behavioral health services. PCDC provides strategic advice to help organizations that are preparing for growth and an expansion of services or planning facility development projects and offers a variety of affordable and flexible short-term and long-term loan solutions to support capital projects as well as other business and service expansions. PCDC’s Capital Investment staff understand primary care business models and monitor policy changes and regulations that affect primary care practices and revenue streams and serve as trusted advisors to clients on what it takes to successfully finance capital projects in a changing health care environment. To fund our loans, we raise impact investment capital to enable is to deliver flexible, affordable capital solutions to our clients. We also partner with other community development lenders and advocates dedicated to catalyzing excellence in primary care to ensure we can meet a client’s needs, regardless of project size.
For more information on Primary Care Development Corporation, please visit the website.
The New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) Manager will play a central role in managing our growing portfolio of NMTC investments in community-based healthcare providers. The NMTC Manager will be responsible for overseeing PCDC’s compliance with the US Department of Treasury’s CDFI Fund NMTC program requirements throughout the sourcing, origination, underwriting, structuring, closing, and asset management of NMTC transactions. The NMTC Manager will report to the Chief Credit Officer.
The Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all stages of the NMTC financing process and provide compliance guidance to the Capital Investment team staff, from evaluating potential borrowers and projects, conducting initial NMTC eligibility and compliance tests, evaluating NMTC projections, structuring transactions, drafting credit proposals, ensuring ongoing compliance throughout the seven-year compliance period and through the unwind in accordance with NMTC program standards
- Review and summarize relevant partnership agreements, operating agreements, loan agreements and related documents for compliance and reporting requirements
- Manage periodic investor distributions to ensure compliance with partnership agreements and tax credit regulations.
- Maintain a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the tax and compliance requirements related to NMTC and monitor developments in the industry related to tax credit compliance. Disseminate knowledge to colleagues to inform Capital Investment practice and PCDC’s NMTC program.
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of the NMTC application with Capital Investment and Finance teams and consultants
- Identify and recommend process and system improvements as they relate to all aspects of NMTC compliance and reporting
- Manage reporting to the CDFI Fund; maintain timely entries in AMIS through all stages of NMTC transactions from closing to unwind and close out, and annual and interim CIIS reporting
- Manage the preparation of periodic investor reports
- Monitor and coordinate disbursements to ensure program compliance
- Maintain a culture of quality customer service at all points of contact with internal and external clients, Capital Investment team, staff, board and committee members, lending partners and professionals.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with current and future borrowers, key stakeholders, and partners
- Ensure efficient and productive communication and coordination with the Chief Credit Officer, Chief Lending Officer, and the Capital Investment team staff to ensure sound compliance practices
The ideal candidate will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Minimum of three years lending experience in community development and/or community facility financing, preferably with a CDFI or other community development lender
- Demonstrated experience in program management, financial analysis, and compliance monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance (Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of lending products and services, compliance or monitoring for complex tax credit transactions (ideally NMTC or LIHTC)
- Knowledge of, or commitment to, the healthcare industry and primary healthcare
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and organizations, and in culturally and ethnically diverse environments
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude
- Experience reading and understanding complex legal documents, nonprofit financial statements, and NMTC projections
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and representing PCDC externally
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent teamwork and strong time management skills are essential.
Compensation & Benefits
PCDC offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) has engaged Koya Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Erin Reedy and Christy Farrell here.
The Primary Care Development Corporation (PCDC) is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. PCDC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and gives full consideration for employment to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.