Flexible Location, US | November 13, 2020
About NextGen America
NextGen America (formerly NextGen Climate) is guided by a simple mission: when young people show up and vote, we win. NextGen was created to build the grassroots power in key states and districts to elect pro-climate Democrats into office.
While its mission has expanded to advocate for a wider array of issues affecting young people, its strategy remains the same: identify, engage, and mobilize people under the age of 35 who are less likely to vote or who are not currently registered to vote.
For more information on NextGen America please visit its website.
NextGen America energized the 2020 Youth Vote and built progressive power in key battleground states that led the highest youth turnout rate in American history!
NextGen America is seeking an energetic and passionate Executive Director to take the helm of a dynamic youth-focused organization and lead it into its next phase of impact.
The Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Building on success by inspiring the creation and implementation of new strategies that mobilize young people to vote in the context of a challenging political climate;
- Cultivating and stewarding relationships with NextGen donors, including both existing and new supporters;
- Partnering with the Board of Directors around fundraising strategies in the near- and long-term;
- Ensuring by effective management and leadership that the day-to-day operations are professionally and efficiently organized and administered; oversee the organization’s financial operations; oversee the budgetary process and ensure that sound financial controls are in place;
- Assuming the lead role in reaching out to like-minded organizations and social justice leaders to develop partnerships that advance NextGen America’s core mission;
- Ensuring all key stakeholders are appropriately engaged across the organization and feel supported, informed, and empowered;
- Serving as an articulate marketer, fundraiser, communicator, and spokesperson for NextGen America’s mission and programs.
This position calls for a dynamic individual with leadership values premised on inclusivity, growth, and agility. The successful Executive Director will demonstrate a commitment to the values and principles of grassroots change.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader with:
- A proven track record of providing leadership and management for a national, mission-driven organization or program;
- Experience directing and managing organizational change and building a strong culture of creative problem-solving and operational efficiency;
- Instincts and experience that come from winning successful political campaigns and strategic organizing efforts; track record of mobilizing large numbers of people into action and building community leadership;
- Ability to lead with influence and inspiration, and build collaboration and buy-in toward a common vision;
- An ability to be a strong yet compassionate and empathetic leader;
- A demonstrated commitment to the values of equity, diversity, and inclusivity;
- Leadership experience in a federal campaign useful, but not required.
Trisha Sutrisno and Amber Gomes of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role please submit your materials here or email [email protected] or [email protected]. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
NextGen America is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented applicants.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.