The mission of the Newburyport Education Foundation is to generate financial resources and community involvement to enhance education in the Newburyport public schools. We were one of the first private foundations established for the benefit of public schools and since inception have provided over $3.5M for major projects within the Newburyport school system.
We currently are seeking candidates for Development and Marketing Manager. Under the supervision of the NEF Board Executive Committee and in collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Development and Marketing Manager leads development and marketing efforts, supervises events, and oversees operations of the Newburyport Education Foundation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute a development plan for new individuals, businesses, and other supporters
- Utilize website, social media, Constant Contact, and personal meetings
- Manage and grow on-going relationships with existing supporters
- Maintain donor database
- Provide regular updates and reports to Board of Directors
- Create and execute a marketing/public relations campaign
- Ensure the NEF is represented at community events, such as our annual Ed Awards, that often occur in the evening
- Supervise and support volunteers executing multiple annual events, including an annual auction, poker/casino night, and golf outing.
- Work with President of the Board of Directors to plan monthly Executive Committee and Board of Director’s meetings
- Ensure operations satisfy requirements for tracking and acknowledging gifts
- Perform other back-office and administrative duties as needed
- Understanding of fundraising and a willingness to engage in development activities, including direct cultivation and solicitation of donors
- Experience working with volunteer committees, specific experience working with volunteers to plan and execute on events a strong plus
- Proven skills in writing and proofreading
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work cooperatively with other stakeholders
- This is a part-time position expected to average 30 hours per week
- Hourly compensation expected to be $25-$30 per hour
- Includes two weeks of paid vacation per year
To express your interest in this role send a compelling resume and cover letter to Jed Petty, NEF Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org.