Oakland, CA | July 14, 2021
IGNITE is a national, non-partisan 501c3 that is a movement of young women who are ready and eager to become the next generation of political leaders. We offer civic education, exposure to elected women, hands on training and work opportunities, and a peer network of women who support each other’s aspirations.
IGNITE has a national office (located in Oakland, CA) that is responsible for:
- Developing and codifying IGNITE programs, packaging them and making them digitally available.
- Developing a national communications calendar (including social media) and managing all communications.
- Developing national partnerships.
- Working in partnership with staff to prepare individual, foundation and corporate proposals.
- Working in partnership with staff to raise individual contributions from supporters across the US.
- Securing corporate sponsorships to support national-scale work.
- Developing annual budgets and managing all agency resources.
IGNITE staff are located across the country and work cross-functionally on regional and content-area teams. While this position reports to the Chief Program Officer, they will need to maintain positive, collaborative relationships with program staff in other parts of the country and be comfortable collaborating virtually.
IGNITE is seeking an experienced leader to assist in leading our national programmatic strategy and growth across the country. The National Deputy Program Director is responsible for maintaining the IGNITE brand, establishing essential relationships, overseeing programs, managing program staff, and tracking progress to ensure programmatic success. The Deputy provides leadership, supervision, oversight and management of IGNITE’s programs and services directly or through a Program Director, Manager, Coordinator or Fellow. The National Deputy Program Director reports to the Chief Program Officer.
Directly: 5 – 8 employees
Indirectly: Up to 50 employees
- Work in partnership with the program team to develop and implement an inclusive, empowering and goal driven culture to increase positive social impact.
- Supervise all program employees indirectly and directly; assist in implementing and overseeing professional development and/or training for program staff.
- Facilitate and guide program managers and directors to develop programming and direct national expansion activities.
- Lead all national program initiatives, under the direction of the CPO.
- Coordinate and supervise programs designed to help young people discover personal interests and abilities.
- Develops and coordinates programs designed to promote the organization and its programs to the community and the target population.
- Guide program evaluation to assess programmatic impact.
- Work closely with the CPO and Data & Tech Manager on reporting needs to ensure data integrity is a key part of all programs.
- Identify and execute engagement experimentation, data collection, analyzation, and results-based recommendations.
- Conceive, revise and share stories of IGNITE’s work, successes and lessons learned within the youth network and with current/prospective leaders.
- Work with the Operations team to implement existing human resource policies and procedures including on-boarding, succession planning, and performance management and ensure that all programs meet all regulatory, licensing and national compliance requirements.
- Maintain an understanding of financial resources for programming and work with the team to deliver quality programs within the approved budget.
- Extraordinary flexibility and willingness to adapt to new internal and external conditions
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a “can do” attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in public policy, political science, nonprofit management, education or related field, master’s degree preferred
- Significant and proven experience in coaching and managing staff nationally and remotely
- Significant and proven staff management experience, 4+ years preferred
- Willingness to manage a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives, and a commitment to helping them grow and succeed.
- Understanding of fundamental political advocacy approaches and skills, and the ability to inspire and teach others about political and/or civic engagement
- Demonstrated experience in youth development and/or community organizing preferred
- Proven experience with database management and tracking metrics to evaluate program success
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse community
- Excellent organizational development, interpersonal, communication, administration and personnel management skills essential
- Effective decision making and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking
Salary Range: $80,000-95,000 base with health benefits and generous time off package.
How to Apply: Submit your Letter of Intent and Resume to Amanda Conlee at [email protected].