IGNITE is building a national movement to dramatically increase the pool of women who are prepared and eager to become the next generation of political leaders. As a nonpartisan 501c3, IGNITE builds political ambition in high school and college-aged young women in their own communities. IGNITE provides civic education, exposure to women in political leadership, hands on training and work opportunities, and a peer network of women who support and nurture each other’s aspirations for civic and political leadership.
IGNITE currently serves approximately 1,200 young women in California, Texas and Colorado and we are expanding nationally in 2016. In combination with our programming, we are launching a comprehensive conscious raising campaign to bring attention to the significant gender gap in political leadership and activate hundreds of thousands of diverse young women across the US to declare their political ambition.
This is a full-time position located in Oakland, CA with some flexibility for working from home. For more information on IGNITE, please visit www.ignitenational.org.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for building our national brand by driving a comprehensive communications and outreach strategy. The manager will design and execute traditional and social media campaigns that: 1) promotes our curriculum and products to train new young women through our programming; 2) engages and activate new audiences, including young women of color, in our efforts to advance gender parity in politics; and, 3) positions IGNITE and its Founder & President as a key thought leader in the women’s political space.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience managing social media for an organization including writing, posting, tracking and reporting while devising new ways to reach our target audiences, including women of color, in our efforts to expand nationally.
- Have experience designing, executing and evaluating effective social action campaigns.
- Have superb writing and research skills and be able to craft compelling narratives that advance the conversation around the importance of gender parity and politics.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Enjoy working with close-knit team, be passionate about gender parity and believe that he/she can contribute to our mission.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop an annual marketing and communications calendar/content strategy
- Build, execute and regularly evaluate a comprehensive social media strategy
- Manage our website and blog ensuring that content is fresh, timely and relevant, and reaches diverse audiences
- Design campaigns to keep current constituents engaged and reach new audiences
- Identify and execute list building strategies to grow and diversify our support base
- Create new promotional collateral and refresh program material as needed
- Draft e-newsletters and calls to action for targeted audiences
- Write press releases and pitch letters for top print, online, radio and TV media channels
- Ensure that all communications is aligned with the voice, tone and brand of IGNITE and IGNITE’s intention to reach diverse audiences.
- Coordinate photography of events, activities, etc. for use in publications and media, and ensure appropriate releases are signed and filed
- Organize and maintain graphics & photo files on server
- Manage event collateral and press folder needs
- Partner with public relations, marketing and graphic designer vendors and consultants as needed
- Partner with development team on funding proposals as well as the design and execution of fundraising campaigns.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in communications, marketing or media related fields
- Excellent copy editing and writing skills
- Strong creative development skills including visual and graphic design
- Proficiency in all social media platforms; writing, uploading, tracking and providing reports with recommendations. Including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, BuzzFeed, Tumblr, YouTube, Pinterest, email campaign software,
- Proficiency overseeing SEO, SEM, SEA, managing keywords and compiling and interpreting Google analytics and other data gathering as it pertains to communication and response rates.
- Excellent knowledge of data and constituent management platforms
- Project management experience
- Proficiency in Google Apps and Microsoft Office
- Highly organized, results-oriented with a keen attention to detail
- An ability to execute with quality and efficiency
- Self-starter with the enthusiasm and energy to meet ambitious goals with a strong commitment to team-work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and build relationships with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds and cultures
- Passionate about women’s leadership and equity a plus
- Experience organizing or working on a political campaign is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit a resume, one writing sample and cover letter here.
IGNITE is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.