For 20 years, Health Leads has worked with leading healthcare organizations to create sustainable, high-impact and cost-effective social needs interventions that connect patients to the community-based resources they need to be healthy – from food to transportation to healthcare benefits. Health Leads is committed to sharing its tools and expertise to improve the health and well-being of patients, and to accelerating the leadership, best practices, incentives and research required to change what “counts” as healthcare.
Health Leads is seeking an innovative, experienced executive to lead People, Culture, Equity & Inclusion for our rapidly growing national organization. The Managing Principal will join Health Leads’ executive leadership team with shared accountability for the overall success and alignment of Health Leads’ strategy and vision.
As a key member of executive leadership, the Managing Principal provides vision and leadership for ensuring Health Leads has the People and Culture and Equity and Inclusion strategy, supports, policies, processes, and systems to prepare Health Leads staff to embody and execute on our vision and to enable us to best serve our partners and patients. This includes providing strategic, operational, and organizational leadership to Health Leads’ staff, leadership and Board, and partner organizations.
The Managing Principal will join Health Leads with US healthcare at a true inflection point, in which the systemic oppression that leads to poor health outcomes, extraordinary costs, and rampant inequity can no longer be accepted. Recognizing this, health systems, community based organizations, philanthropy, insurers, policy-makers of both major parties, and other key stakeholders are working together to build resilient communities that meet their residents’ basic human needs. Health Leads’ leadership, expertise, tools, and solutions to address basic needs in healthcare settings support these efforts to build healthy communities across the country. The Managing Principal will play a critical role in prioritizing and achieving Health Leads’ strategy, as well as building a greater movement around addressing patients’ essential needs as a standard part of patient care.
This is a full-time position and reports to the CEO of Health Leads. Organizational headquarters is located in Boston, MA and candidates can be located in Boston, MA or in the Bay Area, CA.
For more information on Health Leads, please visit https://healthleadsusa.org.
The Managing Principal will possess the following attributes and competencies:
- Embodies and models Health Leads’ core values and is grounded in the mission of our organization, ensuring that we are making meaningful difference in the lives of patients and as part of communities.
- Has exceptional vision and strategic thinking skills to support the broader organization through critical phases of re-imagination and transformation.
- Has an operational mindset, able to turn bold ideas into action, sustainable culture and operational reality.
- Is a strong team leader, manager, coach, and bridge-builder in order to make sure we are having the greatest impact as an organization.
- Demonstrates strong culture leadership with a record of success around building a supportive, learning, values-centered, and outcomes-driven culture at an enterprise level.
- Proficiency in equity, diversity, and inclusion competencies and capabilities as well as experience and comfort leading equity-specific strategy and initiatives.
- Demonstrates learning as an understanding and orientation with comfort asking questions and learning on the job, as well as leading strategy that is focused on learning, innovation and collective leadership.
- Leads through change to inform the long-term success of the organization.
- Values and champions a high-functioning HR capacity, including policies and process, and its importance for the organization.
- Comfortable and experienced with addressing systemic racism.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In alignment with Health Leads’ mission and goals, develop the vision and strategy for People & Culture including equity, diversity and inclusion, by assuring clarity of objectives, prioritization, development of the timeline and implementation plans.
- Lead, develop, organize, manage and evolve Health Leads’ People function which includes strategic people partnership; talent acquisition/management; learning and development; enterprise-wide talent strategy, culture, equity, diversity and inclusion work; total rewards; corporate HR policies and procedures; HR technology; benefits; and staff relations.
- Be a strategic advisor to leaders and teams across the organization in efforts and initiatives to develop and retain a high impact, motivated, diverse and effective workforce that supports the strategic efforts of Health Leads.
- Ensure existence of workplace conditions and quality management that support staff engagement, work-life balance and optimum productivity.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications and personal qualities:
- History of high-level Talent, Inclusion and Equity leadership experience and accomplishments within a complex mission-driven organization, and a track record of working effectively across all levels of an organization; including the ability to lead organizational change.
- 15+ years experience managing a diverse workforce in planning, operations, organizational effectiveness, problem solving, facilitation, and decision-making skills and competencies.
- Demonstrated experience in working with a mission focused, diverse, multi-generational and geographically dispersed workforce.
- Demonstrated expertise with a record of achievement in presenting and evaluating proactive and competitive HR practices, and recommending courses of action for development of leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation and influencing skills.
- Must have an ability to travel up to 25%
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Health Leads has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Erin Reedy here.
Health Leads is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit www.koyapartners.com.