PAVE Schools, Inc. (PAVE) prepares Pre-Kindergarten to 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a community built on the organization’s core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent character. PAVE supports the establishment and operation of:
- PAVE Red Hook, a Pre-Kindergarten – 8th grade public charter school in Red Hook, Brooklyn. In 2017 – 2018, PAVE Red Hook will educate 480 Pre-Kindergarten – 8th grade scholars.
- PAVE Southeast, a Kindergarten – 8th grade public charter school in Raleigh, NC. In 2017-2018 PAVE Southeast will educate 320 Kindergarten – 3rd grade scholars.
- Future schools founded on the core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent character.
At scale, PAVE Schools plans to educate 5,000 scholars at eight schools in two regions.
All Pave Team Members Believe In:
High Expectations: PAVE team members believe firmly that all children can achieve at high levels, both academically and behaviorally, in a positive and structured school environment. PAVE team members demonstrate a willingness to hold themselves and others accountable to high expectations/excellence at all times and do not accept or make excuses when things get hard.
A Cycle of Continuous Improvement: PAVE team members are hungry for opportunities to learn and grow professionally, no matter how effective one may be in his/her practice. They have an ability to accept and implement feedback for real-time improvement and thrive in the intense environment of a high-performing charter school network.
A ‘Whatever It Takes’ Mindset: Closing the achievement gap is no small feat, and PAVE team members work hard to realize our mission and do what is best for our kids at all times. While we are all hands-on and committed to doing whatever it takes to support the success of PAVE and of our scholars, we are also committed to working smart by maximizing individual and collaborative work time.
This is a full-time position located in New York, NY. For more information about PAVE Schools, please visit http://paveschools.org.
PAVE Schools seeks a Managing Director (MD) for the New York Region. The MD will oversee the day to day academic performance of schools, align leaders around best practices, report directly to the CEO, and supervise the school leaders of PAVE Academy Charter School in Brooklyn. The MD will be accountable for schools’ academic progress and success, leader support and development, and leading the development and implementation of an exceptional curriculum. The Managing Director will primarily be responsible for:
- Embody, advocate, and operationalize PAVE’s mission, vision, and strategic direction
- Ensure that students achieve proficiency levels that dramatically outperform peer, city, state, and national averages
- Ensure school leaders implement a disciplined, rigorous school culture built on the core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance, and Excellent character
- Ensure the consistency implementation of standardized curriculum and assessments across NYC Schools
- Communicate academic vision and progress periodically to the Board of Trustees of PAVE Academy Charter School and PAVE Schools
- Manage and evaluate PAVE NYC school leader(s)
- Support the professional development of school leaders and the staff at large
- Ensure that all PAVE behavioral, instructional, and academic systems (data, lesson planning, culture, instructional delivery, etc.) are adhered to with intense fidelity
- Establish and oversee professional goals and evaluation systems for teachers, school leaders, and instructional support staff
- Work with the CFO and school leaders to establish and manage school budgets so that financial resources maximize student academic success
- Manage HR matters pertaining to hiring and firing of personnel, contract administration, staff on boarding, and other HR issues, as needed
- Maintain accurate and timely reports and data for both internal use and for external stakeholders (authorizer, funders, etc.)
- In conjunction with Directors of Operations and PAVE’s finance team, ensure the accuracy of all financial information and the administration of strong internal controls
- Ensure schools comply with charter law and accountability requirements, especially as it relates to special education, English Language Learners, and other related laws
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- A strong commitment to PAVE’s Mission and Vision
- An uncompromising belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- A relentless work ethic, a high degree of patience, and the willingness to work through difficult challenges
- High energy self-starter with the ability to multi-task and execute quickly
- Sound judgement and decision making
- A willingness to embrace accountability
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on and across teams
- Demonstrated ability to deliver direct, clear feedback in a professional manner
- A proven Instructional Leader (at least 4 years as a Principal in a high performing school) with the ability to build and sustain a strong student and adult culture
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example, motivate others to succeed and hold others accountable
- Experience creating and implementing an inquiry-based ELA and Math approach; specific knowledge grounded in CGI and a Balanced Literacy Approach preferred
- Demonstrated ability to utilize regular assessments and data to drive decisions
- Outstanding communication skills (oral and written)
- A strategic, solutions oriented thinker with the demonstrated ability to overcome organizational challenges
- The desire and humility to grow as a leader
PAVE Schools has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. To apply, please submit a compelling letter of interest and resume to Erin Reedy here.
A charter school shall not discriminate against any student or limit the admission of any student on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, intellectual ability, measures of aptitude, athletic ability, disability, race, creed, gender, national origin, religion or ancestry or any other ground that would be unlawful if done by a school. A school may not require any action by a student or family (such as an admissions test, interview, essay, attendance at an information session, etc.) in order for an applicant to either receive or submit an application for admission to that school.
Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.