The Head of School will be the leader of The Excel Center School, providing a hands-on approach to leadership in the directing, planning, managing, and coordinating the educational goals and vision of the school. Ensures that instructors, coaches, directors and resource staff are providing the highest quality academic services for students. Responsible for meeting the desired outcomes regarding enrollment, attendance, retention, and graduation rates, as well as postsecondary goals. Provides support and leadership to instructors and administrators. Works with the academic support staff of Goodwill Education Initiatives, Inc. to ensure seamless services and curriculum development. Works with Goodwill leadership team to ensure core values are effectively communicated and upheld in schools. Works with leadership of Goodwill and the Goodwill Education Board in establishing school goals and objectives while ensuring they are met.
Position responsibilities include:
- Assists the Superintendent in developing strategies, goals and objectives for the schools and leads directors in managing the implementation of these objectives.
- Leads the development of the Excel Model and communicates the vision to staff.
- Provides leadership and supports training of directors and leads teachers in evaluatingperformance data.
- Provides leadership in the development of new partnerships and/or methodologies in response to the changing needs concerning students, test results, and/or Texas Academic and TEKS Standards.
- Works with school team and Goodwill Central Texas in school marketing/branding, networking, and recruiting efforts
- Responsible for creating school strategic plan and annual goals with the Goodwill Central Texas mission and vision. In cooperation with the Superintendent, the Head of School will develop, implement, and manage the educational strategies and objectives that make up the action steps of the long-range planning.
- Implements Excel Model in new locations, including supporting staff hiring, training and development, facilities and infrastructure, scheduling and reporting.
- Responsible for all reporting to the Texas Education Agency.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to lead teachers and staff to ensure teachers’evaluations are completed on a timely basis.
- Assists the Superintendent in developing applications and materials related to charter renewals.
- Assists school leaders in coordinating and administering in-service education programs for the instructional staff.
- Facilitates and supports day-to-day function of schools.
- Assists Director of College and Career Readiness in facilitating dual credit and certification, post-secondary, workplace/employer partnerships.
- Assists the Director of Special Education in designing the most appropriate academic program for special needs students.
- Assists the CAO of GEI in the review, evaluation, and recommendation of instructional materials, methods, and programs.
- Represents The Excel Center and Goodwill, as appropriate, in community planning and policy-making activities.
- Initiates contacts with community stakeholders to develop strong working relationships and garner support.
- Current Texas Secondary Administrator’s License
- Master’s degree in relevant field required. Doctorate preferred.
- Familiarity with Texas Educational Landscape, TEKS, and Accountability Requirements
- 5+ years in a school-related or enterprise-related leadership role
- Prior experience managing groups of professionals
- Familiarity with target student population and drop-out recovery strategies
- Strong communicator at a variety of levels; Demonstrates effective presentation skills
- Solid planning and organizing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products; ability to effectively navigate the Internet
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Goodwill Central Texas has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Erin Reedy at https://koya.refineapp.com/jobPosting/apply/891.
Goodwill Central Texas is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
About The Excel Center:
The Excel Center will be the first charter, dropout recovery high school for adults in the state of Texas. Serving 150 students in the first year, the school will grow over time to help more and more students finish school and improve their futures.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with non-profits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.