Remote, USA | September 21, 2021
About Clean Air Task Force
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a global non-profit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change through catalyzing the change needed to get to a zero-emissions, high-energy planet at an affordable cost. Recognized as one of the most effective charities currently working to combat climate change, our impact is achieved through expert research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, legal aid, and partnership with the private sector. With over 25 years of highly respected expertise and impact-focused work, CATF maintains a fierce commitment to science-based and nonpartisan advocacy and an unrelenting focus on change that can truly make a difference.
CATF is headquartered in Boston with a team of 60+ staff working remotely across the US and in a number of European countries including the UK, Germany, Belgium, Norway, and the Netherlands.
For more information on CATF, please visit website.
The Global HR Director will be responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of HR functions in support of CATF’s strategic goals, working closely with CATF leadership to support a global staff of experts. The Director will be responsible for maintaining and establishing policies and best practices for the organization that ensure compliance with legal regulations. They will lead the development and implementation of processes to recruit, onboard, retain, and develop the best talent. They will oversee and manage employees’ life cycles with the organization, developing and administering HR support that promotes an equitable, employee-centric, and high-performance culture through staff development, mentorship, review, and retention strategies.
The Global HR Director will be accountable for, but not limited to, the following key responsibilities:
HR Policies, Practices, and Compliance
- Oversee all CATF HR functions.
- Design, improve, and enhance HR policies and procedures to ensure best practices.
- Ensure compliance with US and international labor laws in partnership with legal counsel and HR service firms.
- Provide tools and maintain resources regarding policies and procedures, such as domestic and international employment agreements, employment guidelines, benefit summaries and compensation guidelines.
- In partnership with legal counsel, resolve employee relations issues (such as harassment and discrimination allegations) in a balanced, fair and objective manner, using appropriate counseling, investigative, intervention and mediation techniques.
- Support efforts to foster Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at CATF.
International HR Oversight
- In partnership with CATF leadership, determine the best HR management strategy and system for international staff.
- Work with local HR and legal service firms to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Support CATF leadership in fostering a culture in which all staff feel connected to the values and goals of the organization, regardless of geographical location.
Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding
- Manage recruiting, candidate selection, and onboarding processes.
- Work with program directors/hiring managers and executive leadership to ensure the selection of the best candidates for all positions.
- Enhance performance management systems and training for domestic and international staff to focus on professional development, mentorship, programmatic goal achievement, and ensuring consistent, high-quality work.
- Maintain up-to-date job descriptions for all staff.
- In the US, with the support of our PEO partners at ADP, administer medical, dental, vision and other benefits for US staff. Lead the yearly open enrollment process, support staff with life event changes, and other day-to-day benefits questions/needs.
- Support the administration of our 401(k) retirement accounts, in coordination with the CFO and finance team.
- Oversee regularly scheduled compensation analysis surveys to ensure CATF compensation practices remain competitive, unbiased, and in compliance with legal regulations,
- Develop and update salary bands within the organization and assist with determining compensation for employees within the salary structure.
Staff Development and Culture Building
- Work collaboratively with executive management, the operations team, and other stakeholders to develop and enhance a work culture that promotes strong core organizational values, diversity and inclusion, effective communication, collaboration, opportunities for growth, and employee wellbeing.
- Facilitate the development and execution of employee engagement, professional development, and retention strategies.
The ideal candidate for Global Human Resources Director of CATF will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred and certifications in HR helpful.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in HR administration required, including previous leadership roles in HR
- Experience working for non-profit and/or international organizations preferred
- Thorough knowledge of employment law and regulations, including the ability to identify and utilize resources to manage compliance in an international setting
- Familiar with HR tech (performance management, applicant pipelines, onboarding, compliance, culture and skills development, etc.) and ability to develop and leverage data’s impact on Finance, Legal, IT, Payroll, Admin, etc.
- Experience creating and delivering training programs.
- Excellent communications skills with intuitive ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences globally.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating People and Talent practices to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Empathetic and engaging individual who listens well and is responsive, solutions focused, and results oriented.
- Utmost professionalism and regard for confidentiality and the proper management of confidential information
- Proven ability to project-manage in a fast-paced, complex, decentralized, and geographically diverse organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The location for this position is flexible.
Koya Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Liz Lombard and Angie Sessoms of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express interest in this role please submit your materials here, or email Angie Sessoms directly at [email protected]. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Clean Air Task Force is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, or membership in any other category protected under law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, and benefits.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.