The Immigration Advocates Network (IAN), a groundbreaking collaboration between 12 leading immigration advocacy and legal support organizations and Pro Bono Net, seeks a full-time director to lead the program into its next phase of growth. IAN is a recognized leader in bringing innovation and scale to the nonprofit immigrant rights and immigration legal services field. This position requires a seasoned leader with expertise in innovation, fundraising, and strategic partnerships. Examples of our award-winning projects include www.citizenshipworks.org, www.immi.org, and www.womenstepforward.org. This full-time position is based at Pro Bono Net, in our New York City or San Francisco offices, and will report to Pro Bono Net’s Executive Director. For more information on Pro Bono Net, please visit www.probono.net. For more information on Immigration Advocates Network, please visit www.immigrationadvocates.org.
The Director of the Immigration Advocates Network of Pro Bono Net will possess the following attributes and competencies:
Leadership & Management
- Provide strong leadership and management for all IAN programs, including strategic guidance and oversight for a dynamic and diverse team of 8 staff working in two offices and remotely.
- Work with staff, donors, and partners to develop and sustain existing programs and define and implement new programs and strategies that maximize the overall impact of IAN’s work.
- Provide field-wide thought leadership around innovation and technology in the immigrant rights and legal services space, including participation in select conferences, convenings, and working groups.
- As a member of Pro Bono Net’s senior leadership team, represent the organization externally and support agency-wide management, resource and partnership development goals.
Fundraising & Communications
- Sustain existing relationships with a strong pool of national funders, and pursue new funding prospects.
- Continue to grow our fee-for-service programs with government, nonprofit, and business partners.
- Expand current individual donation strategies, including targeted outreach and engagement in specific sectors (e.g. technology).
- Guide the strategy for digital and print communications and PR messages and collateral.
Strategic Planning & New Partnerships
- Design and implement strategies around new growth opportunities and expansion in new markets.
- Build partnerships with nonprofits, government, and businesses, establish relationships with new public and private funders, and engage new champions at the local and national level.
- Evolve our existing social impact models, including leveraging our growing data and program insights.
- Passion for and commitment to the mission of Pro Bono Net.
- Advanced degree in law, policy, business, technology or a related field, with a minimum of 5 years senior management experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to immigrant rights, access to justice, or related mission-based work as staff or a volunteer;
- Proven track record of effectively leading or scaling-up a national or regional organization or project;
- Experience developing and implementing strategies to bring an organization through its next growth stage;
- Demonstrated commitment to data-driven decision making and continuous evaluation;
- Ability to lead high-performance, collaborative teams, define and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget;
- Demonstrated success at fundraising and strategic partnerships;
- Experience guiding technology-based projects and communications strategy highly preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, including demonstrated experience with grant writing and reporting;
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Pro Bono Net has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Trisha Sutrisno here.
Pro Bono Net is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit www.koyapartners.com.