Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) is looking to expand its fundraising department by adding a Development Officer to the major gifts team working within the San Francisco Bay Area – a region that has one of the organization’s largest number of donors and prospects.
The Development Officer will assist the Bay Area Development Director to provide content and fundraising support for our growing network. This includes conceiving, producing and staffing quality cultivation events in the region; following up with prospects acquired via events, canvassing, white mail or other avenues; and cultivating a portfolio of donors and prospects with Major Gift capacity.
- Work with the regional director to assist in all aspects of the cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of donors and prospects.
- Develop and grow own pipeline and portfolio.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the regional director, build strong personal relationships with donors and prospects within the region, and meet fundraising, prospecting and meetings goals (building to ten individual meetings per month).
- Communicate with donors in the Bay Area, to thank them for their contributions, discuss their interest in AIUSA’s work, solicit feedback, and address questions in a professional and timely manner.
- Assist regional director to organize two to four programmatic or cultivation events per year and recruit donors to attend.
- Enter all actions and contacts with donors into the database in an accurate and timely manner.
- Stay abreast of AIUSA’s programmatic work and communicate the impact of this work to donors.
- Assist the National Director and regional directors in developing and implementing a major donor leadership program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS required
- 3+ years Nonprofit fundraising experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects effectively
- Ability to travel within the Bay Area
- The successful gift officer will be exceptional at striking a rapport with a variety of individuals in person or by phone.
- The ability to communicate with passion, sincerity, and brevity, listen and respond to donors’ needs, and provide excellent customer service is essential.
- In addition, the gift officer must have short-term and long-term strategic planning skills; ability to analyze data, make recommendations and turn those recommendations into action; a willingness to be wrong, admit mistakes and learn from them; and proficiency in Excel, Word, e-mail and database programs.
- The successful gift officer will be detail-oriented with the ability to follow high level initiatives while managing and supporting ongoing interdepartmental collaborations/projects.
- In addition, this person will have a demonstrated interest in human rights and be dedicated to AIUSA’s mission, and will share that passion with supporters.
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply.