Washington, DC | February 10, 2021
About the Center for Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) uses evidence-informed approaches to social justice problems in public safety systems and conducts research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change. CPE works with law enforcement and communities to change the policies and procedures that perpetuate bias in policing and use their Data-Driven Interventions (DDI’s) to equip law enforcement and communities to address racial bias systematically. CPE also focuses on leveraging technology to analyze data on police stops, searches, arrests, and use of force to measure disparities and reveal patterns of unjust outcomes.
For more information on the Center for Policing Equity please visit its website.
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for an SVP of Field Engagement (SVP) with an unwavering passion for social justice issues to lead the Field Engagement vertical, which includes communications, development, and legislative and community engagement. The SVP will report to the President & COO who leads strategic operations (and reports to the CEO). The SVP will be responsible for overseeing CPE’s overarching programmatic efforts within the vertical and translating its work to multiple audiences. The SVP will lead CPE’s efforts to engage its political, community, and funding partners as well as corporate internal and external communications. This role will lead the strategic vision for the three programs within Field Engagement to:
- Enable strategic alignment for how CPE will move the needle on policing reform across social spheres;
- Develop cutting edge, integrated, and creative messaging for diverse audiences and to amplify CPE’s voice as a leader in producing new models of public safety;
- Forge and enable strategic partnerships with legislators and brand ambassadors.
Strategy and Program Leadership
- Set and align direction, vision and strategy for the Field Engagement programs;
- Develop the strategic vision for the organization’s communications, media relations, and marketing efforts with the goal to drive awareness and visibility of CPE’s programmatic work;
- Develop the strategic vision for CPE’s Legislative and Community Engagement program to ensure that CPE is a leading voice in evidence-informed public safety legislation;
- Lead the strategic vision for the organization’s Development;
- Provide insights to inform the organization’s long-range strategic direction to maximize CPE’s impact;
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for Field Engagement vertical members;
- Co-develop actionable plans alongside program directors to ensure alignment with vertical objectives.
Partnerships and Expansion
- Maintain strong relationships and serve as a visible ambassador, connector and relationship-builder with diverse stakeholders;
- Provide leadership and direction to diverse outward-facing teams;
- Model the importance of clear brand standards across all communications and channels;
- Acquire, manage, and cultivate strategic relationships with a portfolio of new partners that supports CPE’s vision;
- Prepare the Field Engagement team and the organization for change related to expansion (programmatic, brand, technology, etc.).
Team and Operational Management
- Work in concert with organizational leaders to inform and strengthen internal operations and performance management to ensure CPE is an effective organization;
- Develop high quality, high potential, diverse talent and work with leadership and staff to develop an inclusive, constructive culture;
- Partner with teams across the organization to develop data-informed strategic decisions;
- Driving solutions on key programmatic and operational questions.
The SVP will be a values-oriented executive who will collaborate across the organization for the success of their team and CPE. As a high visibility external and internal leader at CPE, the SVP will have a deep personal and professional connection with CPE’s core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A deep passion for social justice and belief in CPE’s mission;
- Ability to set and achieve ambitious goals;
- Record of results in managing strong execution within and across teams;
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to navigate professional relationships;
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Demonstrated success bringing organizations to scale using a data-informed, technology-enabled approach;
- Comfortable leading a team through rapidly changing circumstances, priorities and goals;
- Ability to manage a geographically dispersed team;
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Minimum of a BA, an advanced degree strongly preferred; 5 years executive-level experience required.
Koya Leadership Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Trisha Sutrisno and Amber Gomes are leading this search. To make recommendations or to express your interest in this role please visit this link or email [email protected] or [email protected]. All nominations, inquiries, and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
The Center for Policing Equity strives to build a diverse team that is inclusive of multiple perspectives and welcoming for people of all backgrounds. Women and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.