NYC Preferred; DC, LA, or remote considered for the right candidate | April 19, 2021
About The Center for Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) uses evidence-informed approaches to social justice problems in public safety systems and conducts research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change. CPE works with law enforcement and communities to change the policies and procedures that perpetuate bias in public safety and use their Data-Driven Interventions (DDI’s) to equip law enforcement and communities to address racial bias systematically. CPE also focuses on leveraging technology to analyze data on police stops, searches, arrests, and use of force to measure disparities and reveal patterns of unjust outcomes.
For more information on the Center for Policing Equity please visit its website.
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for an SVP of Communications and Development (SVP) with an unwavering passion for social justice issues to lead the communications and development verticals. The SVP will report to the President & COO who leads strategic operations (reports to the CEO).
The SVP will play a critical role in:
- Developing cutting edge, integrated, and creative messaging for diverse audiences and to amplify CPE’s voice as a leader in producing new models of public safety;
- Building out and leading the communications team;
- Continuing to strengthen current philanthropic relationships;
- Expanding individual and institutional donor base.
- Manage the implementation of integrated strategic communication plans to advance the mission of the organization, to broaden awareness of its priorities and programs, and to increase the visibility of its programs with key stakeholders;
- Manage an efficient drafting and vetting process of press releases and media advisories, speeches, and op-eds, and organizing of press conferences and briefings;
- Support the development of the communication vision, frame, and narrative to achieve the organizations’ goals and objectives;
- Hire and manage employees who provide communications strategy and support to organization programs through a matrix structure;
- Serve as liaison with the Development vertical, ensuring that communications support Development’s work, and that collaboration between the verticals is strategic and effective;
- Manage communications consultants.
Development and Expansion
- Maintain strong relationships and serve as a visible ambassador, connector, and relationship-builder with existing and new donors;
- Lead the strategic vision for the organization’s fundraising efforts;
- Provide insights to inform the organization’s long-range strategic direction to maximize CPE’s mission;
- Acquire, manage, and cultivate strategic relationships with a portfolio of new partners that supports CPE’s vision.
Team and Operational Management
- Work in concert with organizational leaders to inform and strengthen internal operations and performance management to ensure CPE is an effective organization;
- Develop high quality, high potential, diverse talent and work with leadership and staff to develop an inclusive, constructive culture;
- Partner with teams across the organization to develop data-informed strategic decisions;
- Drive solutions on key programmatic and operational questions;
- Make strategic budget decisions and manages the Development and Communications budgets.
The SVP will be a values-oriented executive who will collaborate across the organization for the success of their team and CPE. As a high visibility external and internal leader at CPE, the SVP will have deep personal and professional connections with CPE’s core values.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess:
- A deep passion for social justice and belief in CPE’s mission;
- Ability to set and achieve ambitious goals;
- Record of results in managing strong execution within and across teams;
- Excellent managerial, interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to navigate professional relationships appropriately;
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Demonstrated success bringing organizations to scale using a data-informed, technology-enabled approach;
- Comfortable leading a team through rapidly changing circumstances, priorities and goals;
- Ability to manage a geographically dispersed team;
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- A proven track record of driving exceptional internal and external communications for organizations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal skills and collegial working style;
- Minimum of a BA, an advanced degree strongly preferred; 8-10 years of communications experience and 5 years executive level experience required.
Trisha Sutrisno and Amber Gomes of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role please submit your materials here or email [email protected] and [email protected] directly. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
The Center for Policing Equity strives to build a diverse team that is inclusive of multiple perspectives and welcoming for people of all backgrounds. Women and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.