San Francisco, CA | February 10, 2020
CodePath is an innovative education nonprofit building the largest pipeline of high-performing, underrepresented software engineers in the industry. CodePath is the first organization in history to centralize student support, curriculum, and classroom operations across dozens of for-credit, in-person college classrooms.
Their unique combination of student-led courses with remote support by professional engineers and a robust online learning platform produces scalable, high impact programs that have received major endorsements from professors, large funders, and major corporations.
CodePath has developed deep ties with the top tech companies in Silicon Valley and provides students with access to job opportunities as well as mentors from those companies.
Through the work of these programs, the organization has taught more than 1,400 students across over 50 colleges.
About the Current Team
The CodePath team is made up of individuals from a multitude of backgrounds, experiences and unlikely stories, all connected by a single dream: a world in which tech is equitably accessible to all, regardless of background, socioeconomic status, gender or race. You can see more details of the team here.
With a staff and board that cares deeply about equity for all, the CodePath team believes that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a richer work environment and enhances their ability to pursue their mission. They are on a mission to build a diverse organization that fosters a work environment where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and valued.
CodePath Core Values
- We keep our promises to students
- We exist to empower others
- We encourage and celebrate diversity
- We believe in continuous growth and excellence
- We love to experiment and try new things
For more information on CodePath, please visit the website.
The Director of Development will be CodePath’s first full-time fundraising leadership hire. The Director will own all aspects of fundraising administration, setup, planning, strategy, and early execution.
CodePath’s fundraising revenue has increased significantly year over year. As such, the Director will hit the ground running by managing a pipeline of inbound corporate and private funders and helping the organization to maintain relationships with national and global education influencers. They will create and manage an annual development strategy that complements CodePath’s strong earned income revenue streams.
Working with the CEO, the Director will leverage the Board of Directors and champions who represent the world’s most influential tech companies. They will be able to identify, pursue and secure funds from a wide range of donors while building sustainable relationships. The Director will have the capacity to work across multiple sectors including nonprofit, tech, government and philanthropy.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing all annual and periodic fundraising strategies meeting aggressive annual fundraising targets;
- Providing accurate quarterly and annual fundraising forecasting;
- Managing existing institutional giving programs, including grants from foundations and corporate sources;
- Researching, cultivating, and directly soliciting individual major gifts;
- Sourcing grant opportunities and preparing grant applications in support of CodePath programs and aligned giving strategies;
- Managing all aspects of CodePath’s fundraising donor dinners or events;
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with individual and corporate donors, sponsors, board members, and volunteers;
- Creating and managing all fundraising communication materials, including flyers, one-pagers, and other materials;
- Developing and ensuring the application of best practices in tracking all donations, recording gifts, pledges, and administrative aspects.
Koya Leadership Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Molly Brennan and Ally Johnson are leading this search. To make recommendations or to express your interest in this role please visit this link or email CodePath@KoyaPartners.com. All nominations, inquiries, and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
CodePath.org is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented applicants.
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.