Location Flexible, USA | August 5, 2020
About Preemptive Love Coalition
Preemptive Love is a 12-year-old social impact organization pursuing 5X growth over the next five years.
A global peacemaking movement, Preemptive Love is working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency aid, lifesaving medical care, and economic opportunities for displaced families persecuted by terrorism and violence.
Preemptive Love exists to end war. We are first in and last to leave.
Preemptive Love helps with emergency relief on the frontlines of conflict and gives help that lasts, starting jobs that reduce the risk of recruitment into war. Preemptive Love helps heal the past by changing the ideas that lead to war through relationships and education.
Millions of lives have been devastated by violence. In Syria, Iraq, and Central/South America. But the world keeps trying the same failed solutions: going to war to prevent war. There is another way. Preemptive Love serves on the frontlines of conflict: mending the wounds of war, while working to stop the next war before it starts.
COVID-19 RESPONSE: Preemptive Love is rushing food to refugees who are quarantined and starving. We are providing medical care where it’s limited or unavailable, and creating digital jobs refugees can do anywhere—whether stuck at home by disease or forced to flee by war.
For more information about Preemptive Love, please visit our website.
The Chief People and Talent Officer will be responsible for defining and implementing our People and Talent programs. The CPTO will be able to roll up their sleeves immediately and will have the resources to build a team to help execute on the strategy developed.
The CPTO will be an accomplished professional with 5-10+ years leadership experience in progressive human resources, people, and talent work (high-growth company experience preferred). The Chief People and Talent Officer will work directly with the CEO as a business partner, taking full ownership of our People and Talent function.
The CPTO will develop and execute the People and Talent strategy for the organization and partner with Senior Leadership to execute on the vision globally. The CPTO will serve as a business partner to the CEO, Exec, and Senior Leadership, providing strategic services on leadership, coaching, talent acquisition, talent development, engagement and retention, culture, and total rewards and will oversee the People Team and be responsible for leading, assessing, mentoring and supporting team members to ensure daily People operations are handled timely and appropriately.
- Serve as a strategic partner to the CEO, proactively identifying and improving areas of weakness regarding people, talent, incentives, structure, process, and culture. More than solving today’s challenges alone, the CPTO will help build the organization we need 5-10 years from now.
- Develop and implement a values and strategy driven People and Talent plan that helps build the high-performing, meritocratic team to achieve our mission.
- Optimize, modernize, and refine our People and Talent processes for achieving strategic objectives.
- Stay ahead of our talent needs by cultivating full, diverse pipelines (internal and external).
- Proactively manage resource allocation to improve recruiting, engagement, and retention throughout the world.
- Increase the success and retention of globally diverse hires by developing better personality/job-fit profiling and testing.
- Lead employer branding and candidate experience efforts that maximizes the integration of all new hires into our team and helps make Preemptive Love a top talent destination.
Development & Retention
- Develop a comprehensive approach to team member onboarding, development, and retention by refining or creating compensation and benefits, career paths and development, and succession planning.
- Guide the People Team in supporting performance management, talent acquisition, learning and development, engagement, total rewards, visa and immigration policy, and compliance across our international, matrixed team.
- Advise on strategy and timing establishing of Employee Resource Groups.
- Create and implement upskilling/leadership program that supports internal promotion.
- Create leadership development process so newly promoted leaders are onboarded into their new role with appropriate guidance, training, and care.
Strong candidates will offer:
- Advanced degree preferred; Certifications in HR helpful; 5-10+ years of leadership experience in progressive HR, with experience leading as strategic business partner.
- Experience leading diversity, equity, and inclusion work.
- 3-5 years managing teams big and small across Middle East, Africa, and/or Latin America, proving strong “care and inclusion” aptitude across different cultures.
- High interest in team dynamics, personality analysis/profiling, team composition, matching roles to individual style and stage of personal development, etc.
- Familiar with HR tech (performance management, applicant pipelines, onboarding, compliance, culture and skills development, etc.) and ability to develop and leverage data’s impact on Finance, Legal, IT, Payroll, Admin, etc.
- Experience creating and delivering training programs.
- Excellent communications skills with intuitive ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences globally.
- Demonstrated capability in adapting and innovating People and Talent practices to the needs of a fluid and fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Confidence to lead in an evolving, complex environment.
- Drive results with limited resources and “roll-up your sleeves” attitude.
- Empathetic and engaging individual who listens well and is responsive, solutions focused, and results oriented.
- Passionate about the mission, work, and values of Preemptive Love, inspired by the challenges confronting us, and dedicated to creating progress together.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position. Preemptive Love offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
Koya Leadership Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Liz Lombard and Angie Sessoms are leading this search. To make recommendations or to express your interest in this role please visit this link or email [email protected].
Preemptive Love Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented applicants.
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.