Location Flexible, USA | August 5, 2020
About Preemptive Love Coalition
Preemptive Love is a 12-year-old social impact organization pursuing 5X growth over the next five years.
A global peacemaking movement, Preemptive Love is working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency aid, lifesaving medical care, and economic opportunities for displaced families persecuted by terrorism and violence.
Preemptive Love exists to end war. We are first in and last to leave.
Preemptive Love helps with emergency relief on the frontlines of conflict and gives help that lasts, starting jobs that reduce the risk of recruitment into war. Preemptive Love helps heal the past by changing the ideas that lead to war through relationships and education.
Millions of lives have been devastated by violence. In Syria, Iraq, and Central/South America. But the world keeps trying the same failed solutions: going to war to prevent war. There is another way. Preemptive Love serves on the frontlines of conflict: mending the wounds of war, while working to stop the next war before it starts.
COVID-19 RESPONSE: Preemptive Love is rushing food to refugees who are quarantined and starving. We are providing medical care where it’s limited or unavailable, and creating digital jobs refugees can do anywhere—whether stuck at home by disease or forced to flee by war.
For more information about Preemptive Love, please visit our website.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for defining and implementing our marketing and growth programs. The CMO will be able to roll up their sleeves immediately and will have the resources to build a team to help execute on the strategy developed.
The CMO will be a highly accomplished marketer with 10+ years in marketing/sales (high-growth, Ecommerce or SaaS-based company preferred). The CMO should be able to identify compelling and impactful strategies that drive Preemptive Love’s revenue and brand initiatives forward.
The CMO will work directly with the CEO as a business partner, taking full ownership of our marketing function, including online presence, customer acquisition, print marketing, etc. The CMO will set clear objectives and goals for the team and help develop marketing and communications strategies and will lead aggressive revenue and profit goals across all digital channels.
The CMO will be accountable for but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Closely monitor outcomes/revenue-based metrics: ROAS, CAC as it relates to LTV, cross-sell/upsell, MRR/ARR, churn, email acquisition and conversion, and conduct customer research and apply insights to these and other initiatives.
- Conceiving and leading the team’s implementation of successful marketing campaigns from channel, to ad unit, to landing page, to purchase experience, to lifetime value across all viable channels.
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences and honors the people we serve.
- Drive our Communications Department to increase our press outreach and earned media coverage.
- Oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog, email, packaging, advertising, and social channels.
- Oversee the front-end and back-end developers and data analysts who help inform and implement your marketing decisions.
- Represent the voice of the customer and the people we serve, bringing your insights to cross-functional stakeholders across product/programs, design, user experience, and executive leadership.
- Gain market share/mind share among constituencies and communities where we are currently underperforming.
- Serve as liaison with other departments to guide a unified approach to customer/donor care that upholds our excellence standards re: care and inclusion.
- Seek opportunities to develop/deepen influencer/partner relationships, aligning goals and driving adoption through a variety of co-marketing efforts.
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing go-to-market plans, including targeted paid advertising, email and text marketing, traditional/print marketing, online and offline events, and content marketing (listicles, think pieces, evergreen power posts, white papers, case studies, blogging, etc.).
- Proven ability to make values-based marketing decisions that uphold brand voice and focus on long-term brand equity over short-term revenue.
- Expertise with brand excellence.
- Organized and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize work in a remote work environment.
- Data driven with ability to clearly communicate results and ideas in writing and in prepared and impromptu presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to market ideas, values, benefits, and outcomes, not just features.
- Expertise and credibility to build and nurture high-performing, diverse teams that represent the cultures, languages, religions, politics, etc. of the people we serve, where everyone feels empowered, included, and cared for.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time position. Preemptive Love offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
Koya Leadership Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Liz Lombard and Angie Sessoms are leading this search. To make recommendations or to express your interest in this role please visit this link or email our website.
Preemptive Love Coalition is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+, and other underrepresented applicants.
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.