NephCure Kidney International (NephCure) seeks an inspiring, energetic and innovative leader to serve as its next CEO and lead the organization into the future. Established in 1999, NephCure is a global, research-focused patient advocacy group committed exclusively to supporting research seeking the cause of the kidney disease Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) and the diseases that cause Nephrotic Syndrome. The organization is on a singular mission to accelerate and improve treatments for patients and to ultimately find a cure for these diseases.
NephCure Kidney International is achieving this mission by:
- Funding research around the globe that will continue to move us closer to improved treatment and a cure.
- Establishing a clinical trials network to drive research efforts.
- Serving as the primary source of information on Nephrotic Syndrome and FSGS.
- Leading the charge for legislative action to provide more federal funding for research into Nephrotic Syndrome and FSGS.
- Working to attract researchers to this field.
- Educating the public and raising awareness about Nephrotic Syndrome and FSGS.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Board of Directors. The corporate office is located in suburban Philadelphia but candidates can be located anywhere in the United States. For more information about NephCure Kidney International, please visit https://nephcure.org/.
Ideal candidates for the CEO role will have significant experience working with a mission-driven organization, strong leadership and fundraising skills and exposure to the health field. The CEO will have the following responsibilities:
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership
- Ensure the strategic and operational effectiveness of the organization, working closely with the Board of Directors and senior leadership on issues of governance, finance, fund development, and strategic vision.
- Supervise three teams: research, fundraising, and administration.
- Create and manage the annual budget; provide sound financial planning, oversight, and accountability, including budgeting and compliance management.
- Work closely with a Board of Directors, providing updates, insight, and guidance that advance organizational goals.
- Utilize tools and metrics to evaluate organizational impact, outcomes, and guide decision making decisions.
- Develop and oversee the organization’s strategic plan in conjunction with the Board, including the financial and budget requirements to achieve that plan and for delivery of results against that plan.
Communications and Fundraising
- Serve as the primary spokesperson and advocate for NephCure with external audiences and funders.
- Engage donors and partners from a diverse cross-section of professional industries, including pharma companies, as well as researchers, clinicians, patients, and donors.
- Provide a strategic approach to fundraising, including the ability to leverage board and staff expertise to develop and execute on an effective plan.
- Lead institutional development efforts and cultivate strong relationships with supporters.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- A strong commitment to NephCure’s Mission and Vision
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to successful results
- Proven track record of fundraising through major gifts, special events, and individual giving
- Strong professional judgment, with the ability to make strategic and data-driven decisions
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A commitment to data and the use of metrics to track against organizational goals
- Good strategic finance skills with a focus on planning and reporting
- Experience working in health care advocacy a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, with at least ten years of related work experience
NephCure Kidney International has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. To apply, please submit a compelling letter of interest and resume to Erin Reedy here.
NephCure Kidney International is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.