Twin Cities/Los Angeles/or Remote Role, USA | September 10, 2021
About Creative Fundraising Advisors
Creative Fundraising Advisors (CFA) is a full-service, fundraising consulting firm whose consultants have more than 100 years of collective experience in philanthropy. In partnership with their nonprofit clients throughout the country, they have raised more than $1 billion in the past five years alone.
CFA helps their clients think big and lead with vision and compelling ideas. They position clients for success, bringing the knowledge and skills necessary to bear the complex business of planning and fundraising. Big ideas are what compel a community of donors to offer their support or inspire volunteers to action. CFA positions their clients campaign priorities to be driven by a transformative and ambitious vision.
The CFA process is designed to support the execution of an organization’s big idea. In service of this goal, CFA has positioned itself as a strategic and nimble full-service consulting firm, with the necessary insights to leverage the unique strengths, challenges and solutions needed to propel each client to new heights.
CFA provides a full suite of services to help nonprofit organizations including:
- Campaign Readiness and Feasibility Studies: Work with organizations to articulate the vision that is driving their transformation, test that vision with their constituencies and ensure they are ready both internally and externally to execute their campaigns.
- Campaign Counsel: Create custom campaign strategies for each client’s specific vision, guiding the process from start to finish.
- Strategic Planning: Partner with clients to establish mission, vision, values and goals, as well as the roadmap to achieve key objectives.
- Development Assessment: Provide an objective review of clients existing development programs and assess the readiness of staff to meet challenges and take their organization to the next level.
- Annual Giving: Assist with the development of a comprehensive annual giving plan that encompasses strategy, major gifts, board engagement, materials, and stewardship.
- Creative Services: Provide fully integrated creative services to bring client campaign and organizational vision to life all in one place.
- Data Analytics: Leverage data to raise more money through sophisticated selection, segmentation, and modeling methods.
For more information on Creative Fundraising Advisors, please visit their website.
Creative Fundraising Advisors is seeking an experienced senior executive to serve as its next Chief Operating Officer (COO). The COO should have a history of collaborating for success with a staff, leadership team, and suite of external partners to build on past organization achievement and foster continued growth for CFA. The COO will ensure CFA continues its work of supporting nonprofit clients to achieve excellence in fundraising and development, identifying and implementing new programs to efficiently and effectively grow the reach and impact of CFA.
Reporting directly to and partnering with the Chief Executive Officer, CFA’s COO will assist in providing oversight of the organization’s operations, culture, values, talent, and financial performance. The COO will partner effectively with the CEO to provide the necessary leadership, vision and management skills to effectively lead the organization through a period of critical growth and development.
This leader must provide proactive leadership to enhance CFA’s vision and strategies in ways that both build upon its history and expertise and positions the organization to capitalize on the growing needs and opportunities of the sector. This includes driving an innovative strategic plan that envisions growth and expanded impact, new initiatives, and an even stronger infrastructure.
The COO will also embody Creative Fundraising Advisors’ commitment to social and racial justice and will have the character and confidence to work comfortably in a highly visible role. This leader must work effectively with a broad range of constituents, both within CFA and externally. The COO will be critical to holding CFA accountable to its shared core values of:
- Collaboration: They believe in listening first and working in partnership, in order make wise decisions that lead to greater impact.
- Transparency: They believe in telling the truth, with humility and openness, to build the trust required to achieve goals and make change.
- Integrity: They believe that accountability, responsibility, and respect for the unique contributions of all people must form the foundation of everything they do.
- Creativity: They believe their job is to understand the unique situations of their clients so they can provide individualized solutions that help each unique client thrive.
- Change: They believe that the constant pursuit of new understanding and new ways to make the nonprofit sector more relevant and equitable make positive change happen.
The COO will be a strong and decisive leader, making decisions on a factual/analytical basis with fair consideration of other’s views. In partnership with the staff, the COO will take risks, implement new ideas, support innovation, and foster creativity throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
An Action-Oriented Leader with a Growth Mindset
The COO will be highly strategic, setting priorities decisively but collaboratively, delegating responsibilities, ensuring accountability, and effectively allocating resources to ensure results. This leader will have a strong data and analysis orientation and a proven ability to use metrics to drive decisions and achieve strategic objectives. The COO will have a demonstrated understanding of how to run a financially sound organization. This leader brings a proven track record of developing and leading high-performing teams, drawing the best out of each individual to achieve goals, utilizing continuous improvement methods and metrics. The COO will have a vision for CFA’s role in the nonprofit landscape and will understand the importance of effective operational and financial administration. The COO brings experience affecting change in a complex organization and a proven record of converting strategy into effective execution, offering creative, practical ideas to achieve the CFA’s strategic direction.
A Relationship Builder
Working with the CEO as well as the broader CFA team, the COO will help to translate the organizational vision forward into the organization’s next chapter, offer strategic advisement to the CFA team, and continuously make improvements based on comprehensive learning and feedback. The COO will be skilled at managing in all directions and will approach others with a deep level of respect and curiosity. This leader will have the ability to engage a variety of stakeholders to build specific strategies focused on the achievement of outcomes and long-term strategic goals to position the organization for the future. The COO will also possess acute level of foresight with the ability to forecast for the future, being able to react and shift strategic goals as needed. Additionally, the COO will also bring the ability and confidence to ensure that CFA’s operations are run efficiently and effectively. The COO will cultivate the values and systems necessary to support a complex, client-centered culture. This leader will have the ability to conceptualize and analyze problems and solutions in a proactive, constructive and creative manner that will result in improved performance across the organization and ensure that there are ongoing critical assessment systems in place to actively confirm that existing services are meeting the needs of CFA’s clients and partners.
Compensation & Benefits
Creative Fundraising Advisors offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, generous benefits and a pathway for company equity. The anticipated salary range for this role is $175,000-$200,000.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Koya Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Marissa Delgado of Koya Partners is leading this search. To express interest in this role please email website. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Creative Fundraising Advisors is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.