NY Preferred; DC, LA, or remote considered for the right candidate | October 13, 2020
About the Center for Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) uses evidence-informed approaches to social justice problems in public safety systems and conducts research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change. CPE works with law enforcement and communities to change the policies and procedures that perpetuate bias in policing and use their Data-Driven Interventions (DDI’s) to equip law enforcement and communities to address racial bias systematically. CPE also focuses on leveraging technology to analyze data on police stops, searches, arrests, and use of force to measure disparities and reveal patterns of unjust outcomes.
For more information on the Center for Policing Equity please visit its website.
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for an SVP of Finance (SVP) with an unwavering passion for social justice issues. The SVP will join CPE at an inflection point and will play a critical role in preparing the organization for future growth by 1) leading the internal financial strategy and planning; and 2) providing leadership for the Finance team to develop and sustain a resilient infrastructure to advance the mission of the organization.
The SVP of Finance will lead the planning and development, internal communication, management, and implementation of CPE’s financial strategy. Under the COO, and in collaboration with key teams and stakeholders, the SVP will translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, support and enable impact assessment, and drive performance management. The SVP also will collaborate with other senior leaders to align mission and operational planning, and hold members of management accountable for implementation of financial strategies. CPE has approximately 40 staff and operates on a $8M annual budget.
This role is ideal for an individual who thrives on being strategic and forward-looking, while also focused on managing details and ensuring the highest quality of work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with leadership team to create and execute the financial plan that will support the firm’s growth in staff and scope;
- Oversee the financial status of the organization, including the development of long- and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget, developing forecasts, and ensuring sound financial controls are in place;
- Provide regular financial analysis to the CEO and leadership/executive team, as well as to the Board;
- Ensure high-quality program execution while managing for current and future growth;
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement;
- Lead and motivate a high-performing management team and provide a positive leadership example for all staff;
- Oversee company financial operations, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met;
- Work with human resources to attract, coach, and retain high-performing staff;
- Promote and enable organizational learning around nonprofit core functions and strategic alignment;
- Enable systems for revenue tracking and grants management.
The SVP will be responsible for developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures for the Finance team. Candidates must demonstrate strong creative problem-solving and change management abilities and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
CPE is looking for an entrepreneurial professional with the agility, enthusiasm, and aptitude to thrive in a dynamic organization. Candidates should have:
- 8+ years of increasing responsibility and experience in budget, forecasting, and financial management;
- Ability to be a thought partner to senior management team, identifying solutions for various needs and leading teams toward execution;
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical; willingness to work alongside teams to dig into the details;
- Experience negotiating a rapidly scaling organization and working with remote teams;
- Ability to be flexible in the face of change and work within a fast-moving, changing environment;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
Koya Leadership Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Trisha Sutrisno and Amber Gomes are leading this search. To make recommendations or to express your interest in this role please visit this link or email [email protected] or [email protected]. All nominations, inquiries, and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
The Center for Policing Equity strives to build a diverse team that is inclusive of multiple perspectives and welcoming for people of all backgrounds. Women and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.