About Anna Jaques Hospital:
Located in the historic seaport of Newburyport, 40 miles north of Boston, Anna Jaques Hospital (Anna Jaques) is a 123-bed community hospital serving patients and the communities of the Merrimack Valley, North Shore and Southern New Hampshire.
Anna Jaques is the city’s largest employer and was named to Becker’s Healthcare Review’s “Top Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017 – one of only four Massachusetts hospitals. Clinically affiliated with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Anna Jaques offers a full range of services from orthopedics, emergency services, diagnostic imaging, Birth Center & Neonatal Care Center, physical therapy, cardiology, surgical services to specialty care such as cancer care, breast care center, and thoracic clinic.
For more information on Anna Jaques Hospital, please visit www.ajh.org.
Anna Jaques Hospital seeks experienced candidates for their Vice President, Development position. The Vice President, Development guides staff and volunteers in philanthropy and fund development and secures charitable contributions to support the hospital’s vision and mission.
The Vice President, Development will possess the following attributes and competencies:
- An engaged and energetic fundraiser, who relishes the cultivating, soliciting, and stewardship of donors
- A person with vision, who can recognize and seize opportunities to advance an organization to a level it hasn’t reached before
- A dynamic, “doer” leader with the ability to stimulate, invigorate, and motivate individuals around a cause
- A team player who has collaborative instincts, an inclination to integrate efforts, and a tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty in a highly complex environment
- A person who is externally oriented and socially adept
- A person with the presence and interpersonal skills to build relationships at all levels around a passion for Anna Jaques’ mission
- High level of self-confidence, creativity, self-motivation and energy needed to undertake diverse responsibilities
- An entrepreneurial leader who enjoys leading a small team and playing a role in all aspects of a thriving development operation
Desired Skills and Experiences
- A minimum of seven years leading fundraising and development efforts, preferably in a healthcare setting Demonstrated success increasing the number of donors and/or investors in a portfolio of prospects, as well as the scale of contributions
- Hands-on, big-thinking fundraiser with proven experience and success in strategizing and leading the solicitation of six and seven-figure gifts from very high net worth individuals
- Comprehensive knowledge of all fundraising approaches, with special expertise and understanding of capital campaigns, grateful patients model, principal and major gifts, and planned giving
- Demonstrated staff management capabilities
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with senior management, physician and clinical leadership to advance a philanthropic program
- Exceptional interpersonal/communication skills
- Superior organizational abilities and detail orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication with both internal and external constituents, including public speaking skill at delivering compelling and persuasive arguments
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or professional certification preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Anna Jaques has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Katie Bouton here.
As an equal opportunity program, AJH encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our client organizations and ensuring that organizations have the resources and strategies to support them. For more information, visit www.koyapartners.com.