Los Angeles, CA | December 9, 2020
About Asian Americans Advancing Justice-LA
Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Los Angeles (Advancing Justice-LA) is the nation’s largest legal and civil rights organization for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders (NHPI).
Founded in 1983 as the Asian Pacific American Legal Center, Advancing Justice-LA serves more than 15,000 individuals and organizations every year. Through direct services, impact litigation, policy advocacy, leadership development, and capacity building, Advancing Justice-LA focuses on the most vulnerable members of Asian American and NHPI communities while also building a strong voice for civil rights and social justice.
Advancing Justice-LA is based in downtown Los Angeles, with satellite offices in Orange County and Sacramento.
For more information on Asian Americans Advancing Justice-LA, please visit website.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Administration joins the executive team to lead AJ-LA’s administrative functions. This executive will oversee overall strategies to support the organization and staff, as well as ensure operations run smoothly. This person will oversee the HR, facilities and IT departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategic Partner to CEO as integral member of the senior management team
- Strengthen operational infrastructure to improve efficiency and systematize operating models across the organization
- Oversee HR department, including enhancing HR policies, collective bargaining requirements, compensation, and talent management strategy.
- Oversee Facilities department to ensure property is well managed and maintained and supplies and equipment needs are being met
- Oversee IT department to modernize organization’s use of technology, establish policies/procedures across organization around documentation management and privacy, promote systems integration between platforms and systems (grants, CRM, accounting, benefits, legal, etc.)
- Support professional development and training opportunities for staff growth and satisfaction
- Oversee development of organization-wide policies and procedures in partnership with IT, HR, Facilities, GC, Finance, Development, etc. to mitigate risks for the organization and to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Promote a culture of collaboration, feedback, communication, and support to cultivate a positive work environment that celebrates success in our work and mission
- Minimum six years in supervisorial position in administration with experience overseeing operations, HR, facilities, and IT functions
- Experience working in executive or senior management level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional communication, as well as outstanding written and oral communications
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage several projects at once
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks and willingness to handle all levels of administration, including routine duties
- Deep commitment to the mission of the organization
- Valid driver’s license, liability insurance, and access to an automobile
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Occasional travel may be required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds
This position supervises the Human Resources, IT and Facilities Departments.
This position has a salary starting at $110K.
Michelle Bonoan of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role please submit your materials email directly at [email protected]. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice- LA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.