Senior Search Associate, Boston
Organization: Diversified Search Group
Location: Boston, MAExpress Interest
We’re different – and always have been.
Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago to diversify leadership across all industries and sectors because we believe in the power of people and their unique perspectives.
The firm established Diversified Search Group to operate as a new model in the executive recruiting industry with a combination of specialty firms: Diversified Search, BioQuest, Koya Partners, Grant Cooper, and Storbeck Search. Together, we harness our collective resources and expertise to collaborate across sectors to access more diverse talent.
We put our clients first and are committed to helping them realize their PURPOSE, achieve PROGRESS, and drive PERFORMANCE.
For more information about the Diversified Search Group, please visit diversifiedsearchgroup.com.
Koya Partners, a premier executive search firm serving the nonprofit sector, seeks a Senior Search Asssociate. Reporting to Senior Vice President of Talent, Diversity, and Equity Maureen Alphonse-Charles, the Senior Search Associate is the project manager for the search process and will lead in identifying, qualifying, and recruiting candidates within the Nonprofit Practice. The Senior Search Associate is one of five key team members on a given search, along with the Senior Vice President, Managing Director, Search Coordinator, and Research Associate. Ideal candidates will demonstrate an understanding of and curiosity about nonprofits, especially as it relates to leadership and organizational development, and a personal commitment to and demonstrated experience in equity work.
The Senior Search Associate is strategic, persistent, and thorough in their focus on a spectrum of search responsibilities, including client lead generation; client needs assessment and understanding client culture and values; development of the search timeline and search launch process; development and selection of a pipeline of candidates for a wide portfolio of searches through sourcing, rigorous selection process, and superior client service.
An effective Senior Search Associate will approach every client engagement as a steppingstone to a long-term partnership and ensure the highest level of quality and service delivery. The Senior Search Associate is also responsible for upholding the Nonprofit Practice’s search methodology and commitment to client service and thought leadership. The ideal candidate will have experience in organizational development and client management as well as a deep understanding and passion for the nonprofit sector. Demonstrated success in project management and excellent communication skills are a must.
Our work is fast paced and ever-changing. We provide superior service to our clients and candidates, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful Senior Search Associates are those whose persistence is unparalleled and who are motivated by contributing to a broad spectrum of searches and playing an integral role on internal search teams.
Primary responsibilities of the Senior Search Associate include:
- Manage a portfolio of quality-driven executive searches in partnership with the Senior Vice President
- Consistently deliver high levels of client service, including thought partnership, accessibility, and the timely execution of all search-related deliverables
- Engage key client stakeholders in needs assessment process in order develop a deep understanding of each client’s unique culture and needs, then apply that knowledge to candidate sourcing strategies and assessments
- Produce position descriptions and other written documents
- Coordinate workflow and logistics in partnership with multiple contacts inside and outside the firm
- Develop and execute research strategies – with guidance from the Senior Vice President and support from the Research Associate – for identifying strong potential candidates
- Proactively recruit candidates and build relationships with them throughout the search process
- Appropriately assess and oversee due diligence related to candidates to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients
- Participate in internal projects to develop best-in-class recruiting services and products and identify opportunities to maximize efficiencies and deepen team impact
- Build and leverage the candidate and client database
- Identify and pursue opportunities for business development through leveraging client and candidate networks and referrals
The ideal candidate will be proactive in supporting a portfolio of projects and searches in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the Senior Associate will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics, and competencies:
- 10-years of relevant experience in recruiting, employee relations, human resources, or other related field, industry, or functional expertise
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience in work related to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience in a client-driven environment, including the production of high-quality work and strong attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish dynamic and trust-based partnerships with clients and candidates
- Excellent writing skills
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- High level of comfort with technology, most specifically the use of a database and strong internet research skills
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of the Nonprofit Practice and our client organizations
- Travel as required
To express interest, please submit your resume to Meghan Franklin at [email protected].
The Diversified Search Group is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT+ applicants.