Senior Search Associate and Vice President
Organization: Koya Partners - Diversified Search Group
Location: Flexible Location (Boston, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia preferred)Express Interest
Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago for the express purpose of placing diverse candidates in our client organizations. The firm established the Diversified Search Group (DSG), comprised of our founding firm and the combined firms of BioQuest, Koya Partners, Storbeck Search, and Grant Cooper, to harness the collective resources and industry expertise of our firms and create a new model in executive search. The Diversified Search Group is dedicated to recruiting inspiring, transformational leaders of every background who build culture, foster innovation, and deliver both social impact and financial performance.
Our firm’s breadth and industry depth enable us to provide highly consultative services, conveying insights and assessments drawn from years of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Our firm is consistently ranked in the top ten search firms in the U.S. We view our size as an advantage, providing us the market presence necessary to attract top talent and the flexibility, to gain access to that talent unencumbered.
For more information about the Diversified Search Group, please visit here.
The Senior Search Associate and Vice President (Vice President) of the Diversified Search Group will be a detail-oriented, resourceful, and proactive Vice President for one of its portfolio firms, Koya Partners. Koya’s founding philosophy, ‘the right person in the right place can change the world,’ guides its work with clients across the country and around the world. The national team hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector, providing the firm with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
Senior Search Associate and Vice President
The Vice President role requires a commitment to Koya Partners and an appreciation of the value of strong leadership therein. Ideal candidates will demonstrate an understanding of and curiosity about nonprofits, especially as it relates to leadership and organizational development. Reporting to the vice president of search operations and operating within a collaborative team environment, the senior associate is the project manager for the search process and will lead in identifying, qualifying, and recruiting candidates. The associate is one of three key team members on a given search, along with a managing director and search coordinator.
The Vice President is strategic persistent, and thorough in their focus on a spectrum of search responsibilities, including client lead generation; client needs assessment and understanding client culture and values; development of search timeline and search launch process; development and selection of a pipeline of candidates for a wide portfolio of searches through sourcing, rigorous selection process, and superior client service.
An effective Vice President will approach every client engagement as a steppingstone to a long-term partnership and ensure the highest level of quality and service delivery. The Vice President is also responsible for upholding Diversified Search Group’s search methodology and commitment to client service and thought leadership. The ideal candidate will have experience in organizational development and client management as well as a deep understanding and passion for the nonprofit sector. Demonstrated success in project management and excellent communication skills are a must.
At DSG, our work is fast paced and ever-changing. We provide superior service to our clients and candidates, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful vice presidents are those whose persistence is unparalleled and who are motivated by contributing to a broad spectrum of searches and playing an integral role on internal search teams.
Primary responsibilities of the Vice President include:
- Manage a portfolio of quality-driven executive searches
- Consistently deliver high levels of client service, including thought partnership, accessibility, and the timely delivery of all search-related deliverables
- Engage key client stakeholders in needs assessment process in order develop a deep understanding of each client’s unique culture and needs; then apply that knowledge to candidate sourcing strategies and assessments
- Producing position descriptions and other written documents for a sophisticated and highly educated audience
- Coordinating workflow and logistics in partnership with multiple contacts both inside and outside the firm
- Developing and executive research strategies – with guidance from the managing director and director of research, and support from the research associate – for identifying strong potential candidates
- Proactively recruiting candidates and building relationships with them throughout the search and beyond;
- Appropriately assessing and overseeing due diligence related to candidates to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients
- Serve in a consultative role to clients regarding strategic hiring decisions and organizational development
- Cultivate and steward high-level candidates through the selection process
- Participate in internal projects to develop best-in-class recruiting services and products and identify opportunities to maximize efficiencies and deepen team impact
- Consistently meet benchmarks and metrics for search efficiency and quality
- Build and leverage Diversified Search Group’s candidate and client database through targeted research, outreach, and ongoing relationship management
- Identify and pursue opportunities for business development through leveraging client and candidate networks and referral.
The ideal candidate will be proactive in supporting a portfolio a variety of projects and searches in a fast-paced environment.
Additionally, the Vice President will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics, and competencies:
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in recruiting, employee relations, human resources, or other related field, industry, or functional expertise
- Experience in a client-driven environment, including the production of high-quality work and strong attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish dynamic and trust-based partnerships with clients and candidates
- Excellent writing skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Manage effectively and diplomatically in a complex, matrixed environment, serving as the critical connection between the managing director, the client, the search coordinator, and other colleagues within the firm;
- Think strategically, work independently, and utilize stellar judgment
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities as needed in a fast-moving environment,
- Travel as required
- High degree of political and interpersonal savvy; ability to work across a broad spectrum of client organizations and cultures
- Ability to handle sensitive information with appropriate discretion and strict confidentiality
- Experience as a key member of a high-performing team
- High level of comfort with technology, most specifically the use of a database and strong internet research skills
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- High degree of responsiveness and flexibility
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Sound judgment and professional maturity
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of the Diversified Search Group and our client organizations
To express interest, please submit your resume here for our review and consideration.
Here at the Diversified Search Group, we celebrate our diversity, and believe that it is our differences that allow us to excel as a team, and to best serve our clients and job candidates. DSG is an equal opportunity employer that is fully committed to creating an environment free of harassment and discrimination, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone. Koya does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.