Organization: Diversified Search Group
Location: Flexible Location, USAExpress Interest
Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago for the express purpose of placing diverse candidates in our client organizations. The firm established the Diversified Search Group (DSG), comprised of our founding firm and the combined firms of BioQuest, Koya Partners, Storbeck Search, and Grant Cooper, to harness the collective resources and industry expertise of our firms and create a new model in executive search. The Diversified Search Group is dedicated to recruiting inspiring, transformational leaders of every background who build culture, foster innovation, and deliver both social impact and financial performance.
Our firm’s breadth and industry depth enable us to provide highly consultative services, conveying insights and assessments drawn from years of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Our firm is consistently ranked in the top ten search firms in the U.S. We view our size as an advantage, providing us the market presence necessary to attract top talent and the flexibility, in light of limited off-limit restrictions, to gain access to that talent unencumbered.
For more information about the Diversified Search Group, please visit here.
The Diversified Search Group seeks a detail-oriented, resourceful, and proactive Search Coordinator to join one of its portfolio firms, Koya Partners. Koya’s founding philosophy, ‘the right person in the right place can change the world,’ guides its work with clients across the country and around the world. The national team hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector, providing the firm with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
The Coordinator will be a talented project manager and individual contributor. They are integral team members who provide key support to Search Leads—Managing Directors and Vice President & Senior Associates —and ensure that searches run smoothly and efficiently with Koya’s clients. Coordinators also provide key support to Managing Directors on business development tasks, in addition to managing their calendars and partnering with them on special projects for their teams.
At Koya, our work is fast-paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients and candidates, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful Coordinators are those whose persistence is unparalleled and who are excited at the idea of working on different searches and projects, as well as supporting multiple Search Leads with varying styles and experiences.
Reporting to the Managing Director and operating within a collaborative team environment, the search coordinator will serve as the connector, problem solver, and facilitator on a given search, working closely with the rest of the search team.
Primary responsibilities of the search coordinator include:
- Oversee the production of key search documents, including candidate profiles, position profiles, search progress reports, and other key deliverables
- With direction from Search Leads, ensure timely and appropriate interactions with clients and candidates, including scheduling internal and external meetings and interviews
- Work collaboratively with search and operations team members to meet short-term and long- term goals for searches including a prompt launch, aggressive sourcing, detailed metric tracking, and efficient closing
- Upload search and candidate documents to our database; updating and maintaining search data metrics and candidate statuses throughout search process
- Respond to new business inquiries via phone and email
- Manage business development information, documents and progress tracking in the database
- Lead the development and execution of new business materials, including proposals, client research briefs, case studies and meeting talking points; work closely with the Business Development team to develop proposals and case studies
- Conduct pre-qualification calls with prospective clients, when necessary
- Serve as project management lead for search teams
- Schedule and/or conduct candidate references during final stages of search process
The ideal candidate will bring a deep passion for the nonprofit sector and a keen attention to detail. They will be entrepreneurial and proactive in supporting a portfolio a variety of projects and searches in a fast-paced environment.
The Coordinator will possess a minimum of two years of professional experience. A track record of successful project management is highly desirable.
Additionally, the Coordinator will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics and competencies:
- Ability to manage and execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously
- A comfort with ambiguity and making progress amidst competing priorities
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to conduct informational calls with potential Koya clients
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to edit, format and produce cohesive, error-free search and business development documents
- Superb attention to detail with a strong customer service orientation
- Skill at managing up and anticipating needs; adjusting to different work and communication styles
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with proven ability to self-direct, be proactive and take initiative
- The personal presence and the professional judgment required to represent Koya and its clients well in the marketplace when communicating with executive candidates and clients
- Excellent and adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- High degree of political and interpersonal savvy; ability to work with a wide range of people
- Ability to handle sensitive information with appropriate discretion and strict confidentiality
- Experience as a key member of a high-performing team
- Strong internet research skills
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- High degree of responsiveness and flexibility
- Positive, “can-do” attitude
- Sound judgment and professional maturity
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of the Diversified Search Group and our client organizations
To express interest, please submit your resume here for our review and consideration.
The Diversified Search Group is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT+ applicants.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
Koya does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.