Search Coordinator, Higher Education
Organization: Koya Partners l Diversified Search Group
Location: Remote, USAExpress Interest
Diversified Search Group (DSG), founded in 1974 by Judith M. von Seldeneck, is the largest woman-founded executive search firm in the world and is consistently ranked by Forbes among the ten best recruiting firms in the U.S. DSG is comprised of the legacy Diversified Search firm and its combined specialty firms: BioQuest, Koya Partners, Grant Cooper and Storbeck Search. With their collective resources and expertise, the firms collaborate across sectors to access more diverse talent. With the most diverse leadership in the industry, DSG has wide expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion, and has among the best rates in the industry for placements of women and people of color, repeat clients and candidate retention. Headquartered in Philadelphia, DSG operates in over a dozen cities across the country, and worldwide as the official U.S. partner of AltoPartners, the international alliance of executive search firms with 63 offices in 36 countries around the world.
Koya Partners, the nation’s premier search firm dedicated to mission-driven leadership, is a key member of the Diversified Search Group. Since its founding in 2004, Koya has had an exclusive focus on mission-driven clients and was founded on the philosophy that ‘The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World.’ With close to 100 team members nationally and a global reach, Koya has earned its reputation as the leading firm in mission-driven search and works with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
Clients come to us, and return, for our high-quality client service and exceptional placements. Our networks span the nonprofit, private and public sectors. We are motivated by the opportunity to advance mission-driven work, a firm-wide commitment that impacts our approach and results in trusted and lasting partnerships.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients, please visit: https://koyapartners.com.
The Diversified Search Group seeks a detail-oriented, resourceful, and proactive search coordinator to join one of its speciality firms, Koya Partners.
The search coordinator delivers high-level administrative, logistical, and technical support to individuals both inside and outside the firm. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task with accuracy and efficiency, handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion, and show initiative and flexibility in executing responsibilities.
Reporting to a Managing Director and operating within a collaborative team environment, the search coordinator will serve as the connector, problem solver, and facilitator as one of three key team members on a given search along with a Managing Director and Associate.
Primary responsibilities of the search coordinator include:
- Serving as the primary, go-to support for a specific partner; working with the partner team to establish and execute best practices;
- Acting as the lead administrative, logistical, and technical support on a search team, performing expected duties and anticipating the needs of team members, clients, and candidates;
- Producing and proofreading client deliverables and additional documents while ensuring accuracy and adhering to firm/client formatting standards, often under tight time constraints;
- Creating search infrastructure and managing calendars to tee up next steps for team members;
- Working with clients to provide and maintain confidential web portal access;
- Regularly managing and updating the client web portal and internal database with a high degree of accuracy;
- Arranging and organizing client interviews and meetings, including:
- Virtual: Establishing and sharing video conferencing schedule and access, testing the platform with clients and/or candidates, and acting as technology support
- In-person: Sourcing and contracting hotels/meeting space, establishing and finalizing schedule and banquet event orders, and working with staff to ensure confidentiality;
- Utilizing virtual scheduling and survey tools to track client needs and create, run, and interpret reports;
- Running and reviewing database reports for client and internal use;
- Building and maintaining relationships with outside vendors, including numerous hotels and the firm’s preferred advertising agency;
- Enhancing the firm’s reputation by providing smooth, responsive communication in all interactions, both inside and outside the firm;
- Processing candidate background checks and additional due diligence;
- Processing candidate and internal expenses;
- Adhering to and supporting client EEO requirements/processes; and
- Providing miscellaneous search assistance, as needed.
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and have 5+ years’ relevant work experience in a professional office environment. Previous experience in project coordination and/or executive assistance is highly desirable.
Additionally, successful candidates will demonstrate and/or possess the following:
- Experience in a client-driven environment, including the production of high-quality work with keen attention to detail;
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, including email and phone etiquette;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Advanced proficiency with video conferencing software, specifically Zoom;
- Creative troubleshooting skills; ability to identify problems and provide solutions;
- Passion and persistence in regard to accuracy, quality, and organization of information.
- High degree of political and interpersonal savvy; ability to work with a wide range of people;
- Ability to handle sensitive information with appropriate discretion and strict confidentiality;
- Experience as a key member of a high-performing team;
- Strong internet research skills;
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Initiative and the ability to work independently;
- High degree of responsiveness and flexibility;
- Positive, “can-do” attitude;
- Sound judgment and professional maturity;
- Sincere interest in and curiosity about higher education; and
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of Koya Partners and our client organizations.
Meghan Franklin is leading the Search Coordinator search. Please submit a resume to [email protected].
Diversified Search Group is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT+ applicants.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
Koya does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.