Search Associate, Fundraising and Advancement
Organization: Diversified Search Group
Location: Flexible, USAExpress Interest
We’re different – and always have been.
Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago to diversify leadership across all industries and sectors because we believe in the power of people and their unique perspectives.
The firm established Diversified Search Group to operate as a new model in the executive recruiting industry with a combination of specialty firms: Diversified Search, BioQuest, Koya Partners, Grant Cooper, and Storbeck Search. Together, we harness our collective resources and expertise to collaborate across sectors to access more diverse talent.
We put our clients first and are committed to helping them realize their PURPOSE, achieve PROGRESS, and drive PERFORMANCE.
For more information about the Diversified Search Group, please visit diversifiedsearchgroup.com.
The Search Associate will be a detail-oriented, resourceful, and proactive team member of the Fundraising and Advancement Practice of Diversified Search Group. This is an opportunity to partner with clients at renowned healthcare, nonprofit, and higher education institutions across the US, identifying their senior-most leaders in fundraising and advancement.
The Search Associate is a project manager and recruiter who will play an integral role on a nimble and collaborative team. Reporting to Managing Director and Practice Leader, DSG Fundraising and Advancement Gerard Cattie, the Search Associate’s primary responsibility to is manage and drive the engagement of candidates throughout their interaction with DSG.
The Search Associate will focus on a spectrum of search responsibilities, including; developing a pipeline of candidates for a portfolio of searches through candidate generation, assessment, and relationship building; maintaining the integrity of client and candidate data in our database; and supporting on search scheduling, materials, and logistics. The Search Associate will also work closely with the Research team to create and implement the sourcing strategy for assigned searches.
Primary responsibilities of the Search Associate include:
Candidate Pipeline Development
- Proactively identify talent and referrals via calls to prospective candidates and through sourcing key connectors
- Conduct thorough candidate interviews in a nuanced and mature manner with emphasis on assessing candidates’ work history (including transitions), core competencies, organizational culture fit, and their career narrative to date
- Manage candidate relationships, ensuring consistent communication and timely updates on search status to build trust and facilitate streamlined search process
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in Research to develop robust prospective candidate outreach lists and execute advanced research across an array of public and private sources, including our database, LinkedIn Recruiter, Guidestar, social media sites and tools, publications, and other informational sources on the web
- Schedule and conduct candidate references during final stages of search process
Client Engagement & Support
- Demonstrate understanding of the search process, achieving competency in executing each step during multiple searches
- Partner closely with the managing director on search strategy and client consultation
- Support in the execution of client stakeholder interviews during needs assessment and search launch process
- Participate in and provide candidate pipeline status in client check-in calls, interview debriefs, and other client meetings, as needed
- May contribute to research for potential client pitches and business development opportunities
Search Logistics Support
- Oversee the production of key search documents, including candidate profiles, position profiles, search progress reports, and other deliverables requiring advanced writing skills
- With direction from the managing director, ensure timely and appropriate interactions with clients and candidates, including scheduling internal and external meetings and interviews
- Work collaboratively with search team members to meet short- and long-term goals for searches, including a prompt launch, aggressive sourcing, detailed metric tracking, and efficient closing
- Update and maintain search data metrics and candidate statuses throughout the search process
Visible Firm Citizen
- Develop professional work habits that are guided by high standards and efficiency
- Seek out and be receptive to feedback and coaching from the managing director and other team members, with evidence of professional growth and improvement
- Enhance the firm’s competitive intelligence with the database
- Exercise discretion as it relates to confidential client and candidate information
Ideal Search Associate candidates will have a deep passion for partnering with healthcare, nonprofit, and higher education institutions on fundraising and advancement searches. Successful candidates will possess 5-10 years of professional experience. A track record of successful relationship and project management is highly desirable; executive recruiting experience and/or a background in fundraising is preferred.
Additionally, Search Associates will ideally possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics, and competencies:
- Ability to manage and execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously; a comfort with ambiguity and making progress amidst competing priorities
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to conduct recruiting calls and behavioral interviews
- Advanced writing skills, including the ability to produce compelling, error-free candidate profiles, client reports, and other search documents
- Superb attention to detail with a strong customer service orientation
- Skilled at managing up, anticipating needs, adjusting to different work and communication styles
- The personal presence and the professional judgment required to represent DSG and its clients well in the marketplace when communicating with executive candidates and clients
- Adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction
- Strong research skills; previous experience with Internet and database research preferred
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of the Diversified Search Group and our client organizations
To express interest, please submit your resume to Meghan Franklin at [email protected].
The Diversified Search Group is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT+ applicants.