About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with nonprofits and social enterprises. Clients come to Koya—and return—for the gold standard in executive search. The executives we place are widely considered leaders in the nonprofit field.
Our founding philosophy, ‘the right person in the right place can change the world,’ guides our work with clients across the country and around the world. Our team of close to 50 professionals nationwide hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector. Our combined experience provides us with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
A key differentiator of Koya is that each member of our firm has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates.
This commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. Koya is a place where employees can bring their full selves to work; staff members are developed professionally and empowered to support the personal causes that matter most to them. We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team.
Diversity is a deeply held value at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability and sexual orientation and strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters. We are proud of the results of this commitment: over one-third of the leaders we place are executives of color and over 50% are women. Internally, we believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed.
Koya has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms, by Hunt Scanlon Media as one of the top 50 fastest growing executive search firms, and by Staffing Industry Analysts as a Best Staffing Firm to Work For in 2016 and 2017. In addition, Koya’s CEO & Founder, Katie Bouton, was named a 2016 Boston Brava Award Winner by SmartCEO, which recognizes high-impact women business leaders, and featured by the Boston Business Journal as an Emerging Leader for her success as founder and CEO of Koya.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients at Koya, please visit www.koyapartners.com.
The Research Associate is a key member of the Koya team, responsible for developing the pipeline of connectors and candidates at the start and the heart of each executive search. The Research Associate gathers market intelligence and scopes out the competitive landscape, uncovering industry experts and thought leaders. You will work collaboratively with search teams to outline a research strategy that will serve as the roadmap for the search. Using external research tools and resources, such as LinkedIn, as well as our internal proprietary database, the Research Associate discovers and shares target organizations and individuals for each search. You will work closely with search teams throughout the lifecycle of the search, putting problem-solving skills to work to come up with creative solutions. The Research Associate will report directly to the Vice President of Research.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team within Koya. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious and a natural detective. You must be both relationship and task oriented, able to collaborate with team members and juggle competing priorities.
At Koya, our work is fast-paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients, while always upholding our key values. We have found that the most successful Research Associates are persistent, organized, flexible and detail-oriented.
Research Associate responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with other research team members and search leads to develop and execute the research strategies that serve as road maps for our searches
- Act as project manager for the research needs of the search: create agendas and conduct weekly check-in calls, follow up with notes and actions items
- Develop lists of target organizations and individuals across a wide range of executive searches
- Execute advanced research across an array of public and private sources, including Koya’s proprietary database, LinkedIn Recruiter, GuideStar, social media sites and tools, publications, and other informational sources on the web
- Confirm contact information and oversee outreach efforts to potential candidates and networking sources
- Assist search leads with referral identification and outreach
- Efficiently and effectively input, retrieve and update information on individuals and organizations in Koya’s proprietary database
- Conduct comprehensive compensation analyses using a range of research tools and resources
- At search close, audit and analyze search and research metrics and track high-level contacts
- Collaborate with search leads to provide research necessary to support business development efforts
- Provide detailed competitive intelligence and landscape analysis for clients and prospects
- Develop market maps of the nonprofit sector in target geographies and industries
- Build out internal knowledge and resources for research and search teams
- Follow and share industry trends and best practices and develop tools and systems to improve efficiencies
- Maintain systems and processes to ensure consistent and accurate data capture
- Conduct training and onboarding for new staff members on research techniques and internal database
- Participate in internal Koya initiatives, including, but not limited to, staff meetings, retreats, and special projects
Strong candidates will have exceptional research, project management and communications skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines. You will bring a deep passion for the nonprofit sector. Other desired qualifications include:
- Strong Internet research abilities (experience working with LinkedIn a plus)
- Experience working with commercially licensed or proprietary database systems
- Strong technology skills and familiarity with Mac environments
- Competency in Microsoft products expected (expertise in Excel a plus)
- Superb attention to detail and follow through with a strong customer service orientation
- Proven ability to self-direct, be proactive and take initiative while juggling competing priorities
- Ability to multitask while maintaining integrity of work and high degree of attention to detail
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage up, adjusting to different work and communication styles
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- A desire to play a key role in a dynamic, constantly growing company that is committed to strengthening the nonprofit sector
Compensation & Benefits:
Koya provides an exceptional benefits package to all employees. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive four weeks of Personal Time Off and two additional weeks off for firm-wide closures in August and December. Koya also offers a professional development stipend, quarterly cell phone reimbursement and an annual fitness reimbursement. Koya’s “Passion Project” stipend supports the opportunity for all employees to increase their personal philanthropic efforts and contribute to the nonprofit cause of their choosing. The Research Associate role is a full-time, exempt role at Koya.
If you are interested in this role, please submit a resume and cover letter to Rebecca Brodish here. Koya Leadership Partners provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Koya Leadership Partners complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.