Organization: Diversified Search Group
Location: Flexible Location, USAExpress Interest
Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago for the express purpose of placing diverse candidates in our client organizations. The firm established the Diversified Search Group (DSG), comprised of our founding firm and the combined firms of BioQuest, Koya Partners, Storbeck Search, and Grant Cooper, to harness the collective resources and industry expertise of our firms and create a new model in executive search. The Diversified Search Group is dedicated to recruiting inspiring, transformational leaders of every background who build culture, foster innovation, and deliver both social impact and financial performance.
Our firm’s breadth and industry depth enable us to provide highly consultative services, conveying insights and assessments drawn from years of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Our firm is consistently ranked in the top ten search firms in the U.S. We view our size as an advantage, providing us the market presence necessary to attract top talent and the flexibility, in light of limited off-limit restrictions, to gain access to that talent unencumbered.
For more information about the Diversified Search Group, please visit here.
The Diversified Search Group seeks a detail-oriented, resourceful, and proactive Research Associate to join one of its portfolio firms, Koya Partners. Koya’s founding philosophy, ‘the right person in the right place can change the world,’ guides its work with clients across the country and around the world. The national team hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector, providing the firm with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
The Research Associate is a key member of the Koya team, responsible for developing pipelines of candidates and connectors for each executive search and providing first-level outreach support. The Research Team also collaborates with Koya’s Business Development team to deliver up to date information about potential clients and knowledge of Koya’s key sectors. From providing intelligence to inform business development opportunities to creating customized research strategies to build targeted candidate pools, the Research Team plays an integral role in Koya’s work.
In this role, you will gather market intelligence and scope out the competitive landscape, uncovering industry experts and thought leaders. You will work collaboratively with search teams to outline a research strategy that will serve as the road map for the search. Using external research tools and resources, such as LinkedIn, as well as our database, you will discover and share target organizations and individuals for each search. You will proactively develop relationships with candidates and connectors, build high-quality candidate pools, and close searches more efficiently and effectively. Working closely with search teams throughout the lifecycle of the search, you will put problem-solving skills to work to come up with creative solutions. The Research Associate will report directly to the Senior Director of Research.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team within Koya. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious and a natural detective. You must be both relationship and task oriented, able to collaborate with team members and juggle competing priorities. At Koya, our work is fast paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients, while always upholding our key values. We have found that the most successful Research Associates are persistent, organized, flexible and detail-oriented.
Research Associate responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate closely with the research team and search leads to develop and execute the research strategy that serves as road maps for our searches
- Act as project manager for the research needs of the search: create agendas and conduct weekly check in calls, follow up with notes and actions items
- Develop lists of target organizations and individuals across a wide range of executive searches
- Execute advanced research across an array of public and private sources, including our database, LinkedIn Recruiter, GuideStar, social media sites and tools, publications, and other informational sources on the web
- Confirm contact information and oversee outreach efforts to potential candidates and networking sources
- Assist search leads with referral identification and outreach
- Efficiently and effectively input, retrieve and update information on individuals and organizations in our database
- Conduct comprehensive compensation analyses using a range of research tools and resources
- At search close, audit and analyze search and research metrics and track high level contacts
- Collaborate with search leads on business development efforts
- Provide detailed competitive intelligence and landscape analysis for clients and prospects
- Develop market maps of the nonprofit sector in target geographies and industries
- Build out internal knowledge and resources for research and search teams
- Follow and share industry trends and best practices and develop tools and systems to improve efficiencies
- Maintain systems and processes to ensure consistent and accurate data capture
- Conduct training and onboarding for new staff members on research techniques and internal database
- Participate in internal initiatives, including, but not limited to, staff meetings, retreats, and special projects
Qualifications & Competencies
Ideal candidates will have a deep passion for the mission-driven sector and a desire to work in a growing, values-driven organization that prioritizes impact, collaboration and innovation. You will have exceptional research, project management and communications skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
Additionally, Research Associates will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics and competencies:
- Strong Internet research abilities (experience working with LinkedIn a plus);
- Experience working with commercially licensed or proprietary database systems;
- Strong technology skills and familiarity with Mac environments;
- Competency in Microsoft products expected (expertise in Excel a plus);
- Superb attention to detail and follow-through with a strong customer service orientation;
- Proven ability to self-direct, be proactive and take initiative while juggling competing priorities;
- Ability to multitask while maintaining integrity of work and high degree of attention to detail;
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to manage up, adjusting to different work and communication styles;
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction;
- Flexibility and a sense of humor;
- A desire to play a key role in a dynamic, constantly growing company that is committed to strengthening the mission-driven sector; and
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of the Diversified Search Group and our client
To express interest, please submit your resume here for our review and consideration.
The Diversified Search Group is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT+ applicants.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
Koya does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.