Office Manager, Chicago
Organization: Koya Partners l Diversified Search Group
Location: Chicago, ILExpress Interest
Diversified Search Group (DSG), founded in 1974 by Judith M. von Seldeneck, is the largest woman-founded executive search firm in the world and is consistently ranked by Forbes among the ten best recruiting firms in the U.S. DSG is comprised of the legacy Diversified Search firm and its combined specialty firms: BioQuest, Koya Partners, Grant Cooper and Storbeck Search. With their collective resources and expertise, the firms collaborate across sectors to access more diverse talent. With the most diverse leadership in the industry, DSG has wide expertise in diversity, equity and inclusion, and has among the best rates in the industry for placements of women and people of color, repeat clients and candidate retention. Headquartered in Philadelphia, DSG operates in over a dozen cities across the country, and worldwide as the official U.S. partner of AltoPartners, the international alliance of executive search firms with 63 offices in 36 countries around the world.
Koya Partners, the nation’s premier search firm dedicated to mission-driven leadership, is a key member of the Diversified Search Group. Since its founding in 2004, Koya has had an exclusive focus on mission-driven clients and was founded on the philosophy that ‘The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World.’ With close to 100 team members nationally and a global reach, Koya has earned its reputation as the leading firm in mission-driven search and works with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
Clients come to us, and return, for our high-quality client service and exceptional placements. Our networks span the nonprofit, private and public sectors. We are motivated by the opportunity to advance mission-driven work, a firm-wide commitment that impacts our approach and results in trusted and lasting partnerships.
Our Commitment To Chicago
We embrace the chance to represent our clients across the country and around the world in their communities and regions. We are particularly vested in the Chicago region and in the success of clients doing transformational work here.
We have recruited the CEO’s and senior teams for the following clients: Art Institute of Chicago, DePaul University, the Lyric Opera, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the Obama Foundation, the Red Cross, the United Way of Metro Chicago, the Boys and Girls Clubs, the Museum of Science & Industry, the University of Chicago, among others.
Our Chicago Office is located downtown in the historic Civic Opera Building. We recently expanded and currently have approximately 30 colleagues located in the Chicago region that consider Chicago their home office.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients, please visit: https://koyapartners.com.
The Office Manager, Chicago will be a proactive, detail-oriented colleague who can multi-task and respond to needs with urgency in a dynamic, service-oriented and mission-driven firm.
With the goal of optimizing the overall workflow efficiency of colleagues affiliated in the Chicago Office, primary responsibilities of the Office Manager will include:
General Office Management
- Answering phone calls and general emails
- Handling deliveries, shipments and filing
- Ordering office supplies, ensuring that colleague have items to maximize efficiency
- Managing vendor accounts and relationships, including supporting on office integrations and renovations
- Maintaining the Chicago Office budget
- Greeting visitors and setting up conference rooms in-person and virtual meetings
- Overseeing the office scheduling of conference rooms and other logistics as needed
- Supporting onboarding for new colleagues, including ensuring that furniture and technology is ordered and set up for those individuals
- Streamlining and improving all processes whenever possible
- Liaising with IT and other Diversified Search Group Shared Services support colleagues as necessary to ensure that the Chicago Office has technical support, all systems are functioning and have up to date software
- Acting as the ‘Super User’ on all software and hardware updates and roll outs company-wide, including databases, Box and Outlook, and assisting colleagues with any changes, training or updates as needed
Social Media and Marketing
- Working with DSG marketing team to support social media content and creation as it relates to the Chicago office
- Helping to ensure clients and placements are effectively promoted across Koya Partners l Diversified Search Group’s internal newsletters and announcements
- Supporting the coordination of branding and marketing efforts in the physical office as needed
- Assisting with a variety of special projects, including holiday cards, PR and events such as holiday parties, birthday/anniversaries and external partnership-related meetings
- Planning and scheduling Diversified Search Group Office meetings and events
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics, and competencies:
- 0-5 years of experience in a fast-paced professional office setting, ideally with experience supporting senior level executives
- Strong organization and project management skills, with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to establish dynamic and trust-based partnerships with clients and candidates
- Excellent writing skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with colleagues in and outside of the Chicago Office
- Think strategically and utilize stellar judgment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Flexibility, a sense of humor and an ability to adjust priorities as needed in a fast-moving environment is a must
- An ambition to be part of a hardworking, collaborative, fun and values-driven team
To express interest, please submit your resume here for our review and consideration.
Our Commitment To Diversity
Diversified Search Group is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT+ applicants.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
Koya does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.