Organization: Koya Leadership Partners
Location: Greater Boston, MAExpress Interest
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners is a retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that partners exclusively with mission-driven clients, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our clients and ensuring they have the strategies to support them.
Our founding philosophy, ‘the right person in the right place can change the world,’ guides our work with clients across the country and around the world. Our national team hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector. Our combined experience provides us with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
A key differentiator of Koya is that each member of our firm has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates.
This commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. Koya is a place where employees can bring their full selves to work; staff members are developed professionally and empowered to support the personal causes that matter most to them. We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team.
Diversity is a deeply held value at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability and sexual orientation and strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters. We are proud of the results of this commitment: over one-third of the leaders we place are executives of color and over 50% are women. Internally, we believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed.
Koya has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms, by Hunt Scanlon Media as one of the top 50 fastest growing executive search firms, and by Staffing Industry Analysts as a Best Staffing Firm to Work For in 2016 and 2017. In addition, Koya’s CEO & Founder, Katie Bouton, was named a 2016 Boston Brava Award Winner by SmartCEO, which recognizes high-impact women business leaders, and featured by the Boston Business Journal as an Emerging Leader for her success as founder and CEO of Koya.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients at Koya, please visit www.koyapartners.com.
The Finance Associate will be a hands-on professional with a strong attention to detail and service orientation. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Associate will work in close partnership with Finance and Operations functions. This position provides critical support to the client-facing professionals within a rapidly growing, geographically dispersed firm. This individual will play an integral role in ensuring the accuracy of financial records and supporting business decisions with timely reporting.
A primary tenet of this role is to offer superior support to internal teams to ensure that their service to clients and candidates is seamless, effective, and efficient. Our work is fast-paced and ever-changing, and we do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients, while upholding our values and cultural norms.
We have found that the most successful candidates will have a passion for continual learning and development, are capable of performing detailed work, and possess a demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidates will bring a deep passion for mission-driven, change-oriented work.
The Finance Associate responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing new client contracts for payment instructions
- Completing new client vendor forms and payment registrations
- Working closely with the contract team to ensure new clients are set up with invoicing in a timely manner
- Communicating with clients about billing discrepancies and questions
- Working closely with other departments and team members to ensure all invoices and expenses are processed timely and according to internal processes and client requirements
- Quickly and effectively resolving billing issues and inquiries as they arise
- Creating aging receivables report weekly for management review
- Monitoring and managing outstanding balances
- Recording revenue into the database
- Creating monthly billable expense listing for search team review
- Assisting with preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and reconciliations
- Providing assistance to accounts payable, payroll, budgeting and other financial tasks
- Maintaining and updating client accounts to ensure they contain correct information, such as billing addresses and contacts
- Collaborate with a team of enthusiastic professionals to minimize aging debt
Ideal candidates will have a deep passion for the mission-driven sector and a desire to work in a growing, values-driven organization that prioritizes impact, collaboration and innovation.
The Finance Associate will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics and competencies:
- Associates Degree or higher in Accounting preferred;
- Customer service orientation and superb attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Experience and proficiency with QuickBooks a plus;
- Experience in database environments; proficiency with technology, including Office suite, Excel, Adobe, Slack, Expensify, Box, Apple products and Google platforms a plus;
- Excellent and adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction;
- Comfort with taking initiative and working independently; and
- Solutions-orientation; the ability to effectively problem solve and rebound from setbacks.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Koya provides an exceptional benefits package to all employees. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive four weeks of Personal Time Off and two additional weeks off for firm-wide closures in August and December. Koya also offers a professional development stipend, quarterly cell phone reimbursement and an annual fitness reimbursement. Koya’s “Passion Project” stipend supports the opportunity for all employees to increase their personal philanthropic efforts and contribute to the nonprofit cause of their choosing. The Finance Associate role is a full-time, exempt role at Koya.
Tameka Horner (Manager, Recruitment and Training) is leading the Finance Associate search. Please submit a compelling cover letter to Tameka here.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
Koya does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.