Organization: Diversified Search Group
Location: Newburyport, MA (Boston-area)Express Interest
We’re different – and always have been.
Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago to diversify leadership across all industries and sectors because we believe in the power of people and their unique perspectives.
The firm established Diversified Search Group to operate as a new model in the executive recruiting industry with a combination of specialty firms: Diversified Search, BioQuest, Koya Partners, Grant Cooper, and Storbeck Search.
Together, we harness our collective resources and expertise to collaborate across sectors to access more diverse talent.
We put our clients first and are committed to helping them realize their PURPOSE, achieve PROGRESS, and drive PERFORMANCE.
For more information about the Diversified Search Group, please visit here.
The Diversified Search Group seeks a detail-oriented, resourceful, and proactive Executive Assistant to support our President, Katie Bouton. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Projects, the Executive Assistant will provide executive level administrative and secretarial support to ensure exceptional quality and efficiency, and engage with clients and candidates with the utmost professionalism and superior customer service orientation.
The Executive Assistant will serve as the ‘right hand’ whose work will allow the President and Director, Strategic Projects and their teams to function at the highest levels through utilizing technology and various project management tools and resources to streamline activities, communications, and projects, facilitating effective decision‐making at all levels.
Primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include:
Executive Level Administrative Support
- Manage President’s daily schedule, including scheduling and coordinating meetings, conference calls, and related executive events
- Partner with the Director, Strategic Projects to ensure the President accomplishes organizatonal goals and critical functions by assisting in schedule prioritization and implementing tools and processes to help her stay updated on ongoing projects
- Provide key research, context, background information, and logistical support for meetings; prepare and brief as needed
- Partner with various internal teams and leaders on creation of internal communications and other key written deliverables through careful editing, proofing, and document collation
- Exercise exceptional discretion with confidential information at all levels
- Partner with Director, Strategic Projects to facilitate meetings, including preparing agendas and identifying discussion topics
- Identify opportunities to expand and refine administrative support needs
- Inform attendees/participants of meeting dates, times, and places, reserve meeting space, provide audio/visual and other ancillary equipment/materials, as required, and hospitality services when appropriate
- Coordinate air travel, ground transportation, and hotel accommodations
- Compile and distribute all necessary information for business development, client, and candidate meetings, including preparation materials, agendas, and presentations
- Process all expense reports in accordance with company policy
- Effectively utilize all required databases and project management platforms, including the proprietary CRM database, Outlook, Monday, etc. Provide moderate data-entry support for search associates and demonstrate excellence in required processes to capture information on both quantitative and qualitative levels
Strategic Project Support
- Assist with special projects as directed – including, but not limited to, developing PowerPoint presentations and reporting on key business metrics
- Partner with Director, Strategic Projects on complex event planning and hosting
- Serve as local Newburyport, MA office manager, including answering phones, ordering supplies, handling deliveries and shipments, filing, answering general emails, and assuming all other general office management duties
- Coordinate space allocation, seating assignments, and floor plans for the Newburyport, MA location
- Oversee maintenance and upkeep of Newburyport, MA office, including cleaning schedules and management of move in/move out processes
- Assist with special projects as needed for the Newburyport location, such as holiday gift mailing, planning corporate events, and collating and mailing business development materials
- Ascertain the nature of incoming telephone calls, screening and directing them as appropriate
- Actively manage the main office voicemail, responding to all customer inquiries and business development leads in a polite and timely manner
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required, with Bachelor’s preferred
- Six years of relevant experience
- Experience using M.S. Office, Outlook, Lotus Notes, or operational databases
- Experience with domestic and international travel industry requirements, optimizing and making travel arrangements
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Adept at preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Must be adapt at problem solving and thinking quickly
- Must have the confidence to make decisions within deadline
Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required
- Must possess professional and persuasive communication skills, particularly via telephone and email, with the ability to engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple sensitive and critical issues simultaneously is critical
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet daily and weekly workload requirements
- Sound judgment, with the ability to work independently and be self-directed yet work as a part of a team. Willing to put corporate objectives ahead of individual goals
- Professional attitude, customer service orientation, and high level of attention to detail and foresight
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, positive, proactive, resourceful, and efficient
To express interest, please submit your resume to [email protected] for our review and consideration.
The Diversified Search Group is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT+ applicants.