Director, Talent and Development
Organization: Diversified Search Group
Location: Flexible Location, USAExpress Interest
Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago for the express purpose of placing diverse candidates in our client organizations. The firm established the Diversified Search Group (DSG), comprised of our founding firm and the combined firms of BioQuest, Koya Partners, Storbeck Search, and Grant Cooper, to harness the collective resources and industry expertise of our firms and create a new model in executive search. The Diversified Search Group is dedicated to recruiting inspiring, transformational leaders of every background who build culture, foster innovation, and deliver both social impact and financial performance.
Our firm’s breadth and industry depth enable us to provide highly consultative services, conveying insights and assessments drawn from years of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Our firm is consistently ranked in the top ten search firms in the U.S. We view our size as an advantage, providing us the market presence necessary to attract top talent and the flexibility, in light of limited off-limit restrictions, to gain access to that talent unencumbered.
For more information about the Diversified Search Group, please visit here.
The Diversified Search Group seeks a Director of Talent and Development to join our growing team. The Director of Talent and Development will be a part of Human Resources and will have the opportunity to work alongside the various departments that contribute to the success of our long-standing company.
The Director of Talent and Development will own and guide the full recruitment life cycle including sourcing internal talent, building, and sourcing strong, diverse talent pipelines while also nurturing authentic relationships with candidates, and cultivating strong relationships with hiring managers. The Director of Talent and Development will also work closely with the Search Operations Shared Services team in developing training and development for the overall search team at all levels, with a focus on developing a harmonized training effort for Search across DSG.
Director of Talent and Development
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director, Talent and Development will join an HR team, including Directors of HR, Benefits and Compliance, Performance Management and Analytics, an Associate of Benefits and Compliance, and a Coordinator.
The candidate must be able to successfully manage searches against a timeline, as well as understand how to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines. The successful individual thrives in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done. The best candidates will draw on extensive knowledge of talent acquisition and will forge dynamic relationships with business leaders and hiring managers. They will have a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, providing world class candidate/client account management, as well as deep negotiation, organization, verbal and written communication skills. In addition, the successful candidate will have an ability to prioritize their time, demonstrate push-back and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing amazing customer service.
The candidate must also understand organization design elements for the search practice, to understand how to target and structure training and development in this space effectively, while partnering with the Search Operations Shared Services team to target key areas of development (reference checking, EncoreMax documentation, search best practices, etc.).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team within DSG. You must be both relationship and task oriented, able to collaborate with team members and juggle competing priorities. At DSG, our work is fast paced and ever-changing.
The Director of Talent and Development’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create and implement a sourcing strategy for the business to meet current staffing needs and build a pipeline for future roles ensuring quality, cost-effectiveness and speed.
- Execute the recruiting process for internal roles and contractor assignments from end to end while effectively utilizing the process, systems and tools (full life cycle recruiting).
- Conduct in-depth intake meetings with leaders to ensure alignment on position, impact, and expectations while providing market insights and education.
- Identify the best online sourcing channels for different candidate segments.
- Identify the top-performing employees at talent competitors and use the right messages to
- reach high-quality candidates.
- Ensure a positive experience for all candidates under active consideration for assigned requisitions by providing timely, accurate, relevant feedback to internal & external candidates.
- Assess applicant/candidate quality, skills, and fit to identify the best candidate for a position.
- Maintain effective relationships with candidates through the recruiting process.
- Help guide hiring managers’ talent decisions by providing value-adding recruiting-related advice.
- Capacity to anticipate future talent needs of the organization and build a steady stream of prospective talent.
- Drive the DSG Internship Program, partnering with the HR and Search Operations teams.
- Deep knowledge of the labor market(s) and talent pools.
- Drive search development best practices.
- Collaborate with Search Operations Shared Services to lead and structure training and development for DSG as it relates to Search teams.
- Collaborate with the Search Operations Shared Services team in search organization design and effectiveness for the search process, targeting training needs.
- Align training with DSG mission; selecting and developing training for search based on Search KPI’s and role.
- Identify and assess both current and future training needs for DSG, working with the Search Operations Shared Services team to create and implement across Search.
- Ability to lead and introduce training sessions for Search where needed, in supplement to selected trainings.
- Conduct orientation sessions on training and development at DSG.
- Work with the finance team and Search Operations Shared Services to maintain and understand the training budget.
- Monitor and evaluate the training program’s effectiveness, success and periodically report out on them to leadership.
- Maintain a keen understanding of development and training trends, developments, and best practices
Additionally, the Director of Talent and Development will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics and competencies:
- 10-15 years of recruiting experience
- Experience with professional services preferred; experience with specifically Executive Search a plus;
- Organizational design; training and development experience preferred
- Experiencing managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and client relationships;
- Experience building and driving talent sourcing initiatives;
- Strong technology skills and familiarity with Mac environments;
- Competency in Microsoft products expected (expertise in Excel a plus);
- Strong problem-solving abilities and consensus building skills;
- Superb attention to detail and follow-through with a strong customer service orientation;
- Proven ability to self-direct, be proactive and take initiative while juggling competing priorities;
- Ability to multitask while maintaining integrity of work and high degree of attention to detail;
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to manage up, adjusting to different work and communication styles;
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client
- Flexibility and a sense of humor;
- A desire to play a key role in a dynamic, constantly growing company that is committed to strengthening the mission-driven sector; and
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of the Diversified Search Group and our client organizations.
To express interest, please submit your resume here for our review and consideration.
The Diversified Search Group is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT+ applicants.