About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, educational institutions, and social enterprises. Clients come to Koya—and return—for the gold standard in executive search. The executives we place are widely considered leaders in the nonprofit field.
Our founding philosophy, ‘the right person in the right place can change the world’, guides our work with clients across the country and around the world. Our team of close to 50 professionals nationwide hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector. Our combined experience provides us with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
A key differentiator of Koya is that each member of our firm has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates.
This commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. Koya is a place where employees can bring their full selves to work; staff members are developed professionally and empowered to support the personal causes that matter most to them. We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team.
Diversity is a deeply held value at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability and sexual orientation and strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters. We are proud of the results of this commitment: over one-third of the leaders we place are executives of color and over 50% are women. Internally, we believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed.
Koya has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms, by Hunt Scanlon Media as one of the top 50 fastest growing executive search firms, and by Staffing Industry Analysts as a Best Staffing Firm to Work For in 2016 and 2017. In addition, Koya’s CEO & Founder, Katie Bouton, was named a 2016 Boston Brava Award Winner by SmartCEO, which recognizes high-impact women business leaders, and featured by the Boston Business Journal as an Emerging Leader for her success as founder and CEO of Koya.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients at Koya, please visit www.koyapartners.com.
Koya is currently seeking to hire a full-time Coordinator, Executive Search (Coordinator) to join our team.
The Coordinator will be a talented project manager and individual contributor. They are integral team members who provide key support to Search Leads—Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, & Principals—and ensure that searches run smoothly and efficiently with Koya’s clients. Coordinators also provide key support to Managing Directors on business development tasks associated with maintaining their seven figure portfolios, in addition to managing their calendars and partnering with them on special projects for their teams.
At Koya, our work is fast paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients and candidates, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful Coordinators are those whose persistence is unparalleled and who are excited at the idea of working on different searches and projects, as well as supporting multiple Search Leads with varying styles and experiences.
Coordinator, Executive Search responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the production of key search documents, including candidate profiles, position profiles, search progress reports, and other key deliverables;
- With direction from Search Leads, ensure timely and appropriate interactions with clients and candidates, including scheduling internal and external meetings and interviews;
- Work collaboratively with search and operations team members to meet short-term and long-term goals for searches including a prompt launch, aggressive sourcing, detailed metric tracking, and efficient closing;
- Upload search and candidate documents to our database; updating and maintaining search data metrics and candidate statuses throughout search process;
- Respond to new business inquiries via phone and email;
- Manage business development information, documents and progress tracking in Koya proprietary database;
- Lead the development and execution of new business materials, including proposals, client research briefs, case studies and meeting talking points; work closely with the Marketing team to develop proposals and case studies;
- Conduct pre-qualification calls with prospective clients, when necessary;
- Provide administrative support to the Founding Partner on calendar management and special projects; schedule business development meetings; and
- Participate in internal Koya initiatives, including, but not limited to, staff meetings, retreats, and special projects.
- Schedule and/or conduct candidate references during final stages of search process.
The ideal candidates will bring a deep passion for the nonprofit sector, with who are highly organized and motivated with a keen attention to detail. They will be entrepreneurial and proactive in supporting a portfolio a variety of projects and searches in a fast-paced environment.
The Coordinator will possess a minimum of two years of professional experience. A track record of successful project management is highly desirable.
Additionally, the Coordinator will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics and competencies:
- Ability to manage and execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously;
- A comfort with ambiguity and making progress amidst competing priorities;
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to conduct informational calls with potential Koya clients;
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to edit, format and produce cohesive, error-free search and business development documents;
- Superb attention to detail with a strong customer service orientation;
- Skill at managing up and anticipating needs; adjusting to different work and communication styles;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with proven ability to self-direct, be proactive and take initiative;
- The personal presence and the professional judgment required to represent Koya and its clients well in the marketplace when communicating with executive candidates and clients;
- Excellent and adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; and
- Comfort and experience with Apple products a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
Koya provides an exceptional benefits package to all employees. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive four weeks of Personal Time Off and two additional weeks off for firm-wide closures in August and December. Koya also offers a professional development stipend, quarterly cell phone reimbursement and an annual fitness reimbursement. Koya’s “Passion Project” stipend supports the opportunity for all employees to increase their personal philanthropic efforts and contribute to the nonprofit cause of their choosing. The Coordinator, Executive Search role is a full-time, exempt role with flexible location.
Miecha Ranea Forbes, Koya’s Vice President, People, Culture, & Values, is leading the Coordinator search. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Miecha here. Koya Leadership Partners is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT applicants.