About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a national retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that works exclusively with mission-driven organizations, educational institutions, and social enterprises. Clients come to Koya—and return—for the gold standard in executive search. The executives we place are widely considered leaders in the nonprofit field.
Our founding philosophy, ‘the right person in the right place can change the world’, guides our work with clients across the country and around the world. Our team of close to 50 professionals nationwide hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector. Our combined experience provides us with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field, and a deep network within the nonprofit and private sectors.
A key differentiator of Koya is that each member of our firm has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates.
This commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. Koya is a place where employees can bring their full selves to work; staff members are developed professionally and empowered to support the personal causes that matter most to them. We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team.
Diversity is a deeply held value at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability and sexual orientation and strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters. We are proud of the results of this commitment: over one-third of the leaders we place are executives of color and over 50% are women. Internally, we believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed.
Koya has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms, by Hunt Scanlon Media as one of the top 50 fastest growing executive search firms, and by Staffing Industry Analysts as a Best Staffing Firm to Work For in 2016 and 2017. In addition, Koya’s CEO & Founder, Katie Bouton, was named a 2016 Boston Brava Award Winner by SmartCEO, which recognizes high-impact women business leaders, and featured by the Boston Business Journal as an Emerging Leader for her success as founder and CEO of Koya.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients at Koya, please visit www.koyapartners.com.
Koya is currently seeking to hire a full-time Consultant, Executive Search (Consultant) to join our team, with strong preference for candidates based in the Greater Boston Area.
The Consultant will be an experienced project manager and recruiter. They are integral team members who provide key support to Search Leads—Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, & Principals—and ensure that searches run smoothly, efficiently and result in the placement of top-tier candidates with Koya’s clients.
S/he is strategic, persistent and entrepreneurial in their focus on a spectrum of search responsibilities, including document generation and preparation; maintaining the integrity of client and candidate data in our database; scheduling; and developing a pipeline of candidates for a wide portfolio of searches through candidate generation, assessment and relationship building.
The Consultant will work closely with Koya’s Research department to create and implement the sourcing strategy for assigned searches. They also hold the primary responsibility for managing and driving the engagement of candidates throughout their interaction with Koya and may have the opportunity to proactively source candidates for specific searches.
At Koya, our work is fast paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful Consultants are those whose persistence is unparalleled and who are excited at the idea of working with many kinds of searches simultaneously, as well as potentially supporting multiple Search Leads with varying styles and experiences.
Consultant, Executive Search responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Search Logistics & Business Development Support
- Oversee the production of key search documents, including candidate profiles, position profiles, search progress reports, and other key deliverables;
- With direction from Search Leads, ensure timely and appropriate interactions with clients and candidates, including scheduling internal and external meetings and interviews;
- Work collaboratively with search and operations team members to meet short-term and long-term goals for searches including a prompt launch, aggressive sourcing, detailed metric tracking, and efficient closing;
- Upload search and candidate documents to our database; updating and maintaining search data metrics and candidate statuses throughout search process;
- Respond to new business inquiries via phone and email;
- Manage business development information, documents and progress tracking in Koya proprietary database;
- Lead the development and execution of new business materials, including proposals, client research briefs, case studies and meeting talking points; work closely with Marketing Associate to develop proposals and case studies;
- Conduct pre-qualification calls with prospective clients, when necessary;
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Directors on calendar management and special projects; schedule business development meetings; and
- Participate in internal Koya initiatives, including, but not limited to, staff meetings, retreats, and special projects.
Candidate Pipeline Development
- Proactively identify talent and referrals via calls to prospective candidates and through sourcing key connectors;
- Execute advanced research across an array of public and private sources, including Koya’s database, LinkedIn Recruiter, Guidestar, social media sites and tools, publications, and other informational sources on the web;
- Conduct thorough candidate interviews in a nuanced and mature manner with emphasis on assessing candidates’ work history (including transitions), core competencies, organizational culture fit and their career narrative to date;
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on Research team in developing robust prospective candidate outreach lists;
- Manage candidate relationships, ensuring consistent communication and timely updates on search status to build trust and facilitate streamlined search process; and
- Schedule and/or conduct candidate references during final stages of search process.
Client Engagement & Support
- Partner closely with Search Leads on search strategy and client consultation throughout all stages of the search;
- Support in the execution of client stakeholder interviews during needs assessment and search launch process;
- Participate in and provide candidate pipeline status in client check-in calls, interview debriefs, etc., as needed; and
- Serve as secondary client contact and respond to client inquiries and requests, when necessary.
The ideal candidates will bring a deep passion for the nonprofit sector, with strong experience in recruitment or prospect development and a keen attention to detail. S/he will be entrepreneurial and proactive in supporting a portfolio of searches in a fast-paced environment.
The Consultant will possess a minimum of two years of professional experience; recruiting experience is preferred. A track record of successful relationship and project management is highly desirable.
Additionally, the Consultant will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics and competencies:
- Ability to manage and execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously; a comfort with ambiguity and making progress amidst competing priorities;
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to conduct recruiting calls and behavioral interviews;
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to produce compelling, error-free candidate profiles and other search documents;
- Superb attention to detail with a strong customer service orientation;
- Skill at managing up and anticipating needs; adjusting to different work and communication styles;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with proven ability to self-direct, be proactive and take initiative;
- The personal presence and the professional judgment required to represent Koya and its clients well in the marketplace when communicating with executive candidates and clients;
- Excellent and adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction;
- Strong research skills; previous experience with Internet and database research preferred;
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; and
- Comfort and experience with Apple products a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
Koya provides an exceptional benefits package to all employees. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive four weeks of Personal Time Off and two additional weeks off for firm-wide closures in August and December. Koya also offers a professional development stipend, quarterly cell phone reimbursement and an annual fitness reimbursement. Koya’s “Passion Project” stipend supports the opportunity for all employees to increase their personal philanthropic efforts and contribute to the nonprofit cause of their choosing. The Consultant, Executive Search role is a full-time, exempt role based in the Northeast.
Sam Simmons, Koya’s Director, People Recruitment & Development, is leading the Consultant search. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Sam here. Koya Leadership Partners is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT applicants.