Consultant, Executive Search – Chicago
Organization: Koya Leadership Partners
Location: Chicago, ILExpress Interest
About Koya Leadership Partners:
Koya Leadership Partners is a retained executive search and human capital consulting firm that partners exclusively with mission-driven clients, institutions of higher education and social enterprises. We deliver measurable results, finding exceptionally talented people who truly fit the unique culture of our clients and ensuring they have the strategies to support them.
Our founding philosophy, ‘the right person in the right place can change the world’, guides our work with clients across the country and around the world. Our national team hails from global executive recruiting firms as well as all corners of the nonprofit sector. Our combined experience provides us with an insider’s and outsider’s view of the field and a deep network within the nonprofit, private and public sectors.
A key differentiator of Koya is that each member of our firm has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates.
This commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. Koya is a place where employees can bring their full selves to work; staff members are developed professionally and empowered to support the personal causes that matter most to them. We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are deeply held values at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability and sexual orientation and strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters. We are proud of the results of this commitment: over one-third of the leaders we place are executives of color and over 65% are women. Internally, we believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed.
For two consecutive years, Koya has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Executive Recruiting Firms, climbing to a rank of 14 out of 250 firms in 2018. Koya is the highest-ranking boutique firm serving mission-driven clients. Koya has also been named by Staffing Industry Analysts as a Best Staffing Firm to Work For. In addition, Koya’s CEO & Founder, Katie Bouton, was named a 2016 Boston Brava Award Winner by SmartCEO, which recognizes high-impact women business leaders, and featured by the Boston Business Journal as an Emerging Leader for her success as Founder and CEO of Koya.
Koya Chicago’s offices are located downtown in the historic Civic Opera Building. We have recently expanded and are continuing to do so, allowing us to provide a convening space and high level of service for our clients, which include but are not limited to the Art Institute of Chicago, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the Obama Foundation, the Red Cross, the United Way of Metro Chicago, the Boys and Girls Clubs, the Museum of Science & Industry, and the Adler Planetarium.
Many of our senior recruiters have chosen to move their practices to Koya from global executive recruiting firms including Russell Reynolds Associates, Spencer Stuart, Korn Ferry, Heidrick & Struggles, among others.
To learn more about our story, our values and our portfolio of clients at Koya, please visit www.koyapartners.com.
Koya is currently seeking to hire a full-time Consultant, Executive Search to join our dynamic Chicago office.
Consultants are experienced project managers and recruiters. They are integral team members who provide key support to Search Leads — Managing Directors and Vice Presidents — and ensure that searches run smoothly, efficiently and result in the placement of top-tier candidates with Koya’s clients.
Consultants are strategic, persistent and entrepreneurial in their focus on a spectrum of search responsibilities, including document generation and preparation; maintaining the integrity of client and candidate data in our database; scheduling; and developing a pipeline of candidates for a wide portfolio of searches through candidate generation, assessment and relationship building.
Consultants work closely with Koya’s Research department to create and implement the sourcing strategy for assigned searches. They also hold the primary responsibility for managing and driving the engagement of candidates throughout their interaction with Koya and may have the opportunity to proactively source candidates for specific searches.
At Koya, our work is fast paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful Consultants are those whose persistence is unparalleled and who are excited at the idea of working with many kinds of searches simultaneously, as well as potentially supporting multiple Search Leads with varying styles and experiences.
Consultant, Executive Search responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the production of key search documents, including position profiles, candidate profiles, search progress reports and other key deliverables;
- With direction from Search Leads, ensure timely and appropriate interactions with clients and candidates, including scheduling internal and external meetings and interviews;
- Work collaboratively with search and operations team members to meet short-term and long-term goals for searches including a prompt launch, aggressive sourcing, detailed metric tracking and efficient closing;
- Update and maintain search and candidate documents, data metrics and candidate statuses throughout search process;
- Provide administrative support to Search Leads on calendar management and special projects; and
- Participate in internal Koya initiatives, including, but not limited to, staff meetings, retreats and special projects.
- Proactively identify talent and referrals via calls to prospective candidates and through sourcing key connectors;
- Execute advanced research across an array of public and private sources, including Koya’s proprietary database, LinkedIn Recruiter, Guidestar, social media sites and tools, publications, and other informational sources on the web;
- Conduct thorough candidate interviews in a nuanced and mature manner with emphasis on assessing candidates’ work history (including transitions), core competencies, organizational culture fit and their career narrative to date;
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on Research team in developing robust prospective candidate outreach lists;
- Manage candidate relationships, ensuring consistent communication and timely updates on search status to build trust and facilitate streamlined search process; and
- Schedule and/or conduct candidate references during final stages of search process.
Client Engagement & Support
- Partner closely with Search Leads on search strategy and client consultation throughout all stages of the search;
- Support in the execution of client stakeholder interviews during needs assessment and search launch process;
- Participate in and provide candidate pipeline status in client check-in calls, interview debriefs, etc., as needed; and
- Serve as secondary client contact and respond to client inquiries and requests, when necessary.
The ideal candidates will bring a passion for the mission-driven sector. S/he will be proactive in supporting a portfolio of searches in a fast-paced environment. A keen attention to detail and a commitment to continuous improvement and high standards is essential.
Ideally, Consultants come to Koya with at least two years of professional experience. A track record of successful relationship and project management is highly desirable.
Additionally, Consultants will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills and characteristics:
- Ability to manage and execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously; a comfort with ambiguity and making progress amidst competing priorities;
- Excellent verbal communications skills, including the ability to conduct recruiting calls and behavioral interviews;
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to produce compelling, error-free candidate profiles and other search documents;
- Superb attention to detail with a strong customer service orientation and commitment to continuous improvement;
- Skill at managing up and anticipating needs; adjusting to different work and communication styles;
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with proven ability to self-direct, be proactive and take initiative;
- The personal presence and the professional judgment required to represent Koya and its clients well in the marketplace when communicating with executive candidates and clients;
- Excellent and adaptable team-player; a willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team move forward and ensure client satisfaction;
- Strong research skills; previous experience with Internet and database research preferred; and
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
Koya provides an exceptional benefits package to all employees. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive four weeks of Personal Time Off and two additional weeks off for firm-wide closures in August and December. Koya also offers a professional development stipend, quarterly cell phone reimbursement and an annual fitness reimbursement. Koya’s “Passion Project” stipend supports the opportunity for all employees to increase their personal philanthropic efforts and contribute to the nonprofit cause of their choosing. The Consultant, Executive Search role is a full-time, exempt role based in our Chicago office.
To make recommendations or to express interest in the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your resume and Letter of Interest here. Koya Leadership Partners is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBTQ+ applicants.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
Koya does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.