Coordinator, Executive Search – Greater Boston
Organization: Koya Leadership Partners
Location: Greater Boston, MAExpress Interest
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
We deliver measurable results; identifying, curating, and supporting individuals who truly fit the unique culture of our clients and ensuring that organizations have the strategies to support them. We bring a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; vast sector crossing networks; shared passion for purpose-driven work, and relentless dedication to our clients.
A key differentiator of Koya is that each member of our team has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates. Koya’s clients include ACLU, Greenpeace USA, March For Our Lives, just to name a few, along with some of the nation’s leading universities.
Forbes has recognized Koya as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms for three consecutive years. Koya has also been named by Staffing Industry Analysts as a ‘Best Staffing Firm to Work For.’ Koya’s CEO & Founder, Katie Bouton, has received numerous accolades for her role as a high-impact woman business leader.
To learn more about our story, our values, and our portfolio of clients at Koya, please visit www.koyapartners.com.
About The Opportunity
Our Coordinators are integral team members who provide key support to Search Leads—Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, and Associates who work with client organizations to fill leadership roles—and ensure that searches run smoothly and efficiently with Koya’s clients. Coordinators also provide key support on business development tasks, in addition to calendar management and partnering with Search Leads on special projects for their teams.
At Koya, our work is fast-paced and ever-changing. We do whatever it takes to provide superior service to our clients and candidates, while always upholding our values and cultural norms. We have found that the most successful Coordinators are those whose persistence is unparalleled and who are excited at the idea of working on different searches and projects, as well as supporting multiple Search Leads with varying styles and experiences.
While much of the work is administrative in nature, the Coordinator is exposed to everything going on and it is a great jumping-off point to future opportunities. Many of our more senior team members started as Coordinators.
Your Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidates will bring a deep passion for the impact sector, along with superior organization skills and keen attention to detail.
- Experience with project management, with the ability to multi-task and juggle a number of competing priorities and assignments;
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and partner with search teams to think about what might be missing;
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to conduct informational calls with potential Koya clients;
- Advanced writing skills, including the ability to edit, format, and produce cohesive, error-free search and business development documents, as well as concise and effective emails; and
- Interest in contributing to and affirming Koya’s core values.
0-3 years of professional experience in roles that include:
- Providing administrative support in various capacities, with a strong preference for experience managing complex calendars;
- Offering excellent customer service;
- Managing up and anticipating needs and adjusting to different work and communication styles; and
- Working in a team environment to meet short-term and long-term goals.
The Application Process
To apply, please create an Enhanced Profile using this link or by clicking the Express Interest button above. The process takes about 10 minutes, and all you need is your resume.
Individuals who complete the profile by Tuesday, September 10th will be given priority; therefore, we encourage you to submit your information soon!
Our cohort-based evaluation process for this role will follow best practices shown to reduce bias in decision making and may be different from other application processes you have experienced.
When you apply, we kindly ask you to remove your schools from your resume. There is no need to reformat your resume and you may leave your degree (e.g. “B.A. Economics”). Just remember to remove any undergraduate and graduate school name references where possible. This “bias blind” process is aimed at opening this opportunity to more candidates, reviewing applicants on performance assessments instead of resume proxies (e.g., where you went to school).
Lastly, while there is an option to submit a cover letter, we kindly request that you not submit one as it will not be considered. Instead, selected candidates will be asked to complete a few short answer questions at a later date.
The overall evaluation process will follow this anticipated timeline:
- Early September: Selected candidates asked to complete short answer questions.
- Mid-September: Phone interview with a Koya team member.
- Late September: Finalist candidates will be asked to complete a timed trial assignment.
- Wednesday, October 16th: Finalists will attend an in-person for multi-team member group interview day in our Boston office.
- Late October: Offers extended.
We are currently seeking candidates who are based in the Boston area to work out of our Boston or Newburyport offices. We are also open to candidates who would prefer to work from home (40% of our team is remote) and come into the office when needed/a few times a month.
If you have any questions about the opportunity, please feel free to email email@example.com.
Working At Koya
Our commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. Koya is a place where employees can bring their full selves to work; team members are developed professionally and empowered to support the personal causes that matter most to them (which involves a generous employee giving stipend). We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team.
Diversity is a deeply held value at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability, and sexual orientation and strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters. We are proud of the results of this commitment: over one-third of the leaders we place are executives of color and over two-thirds are women. Internally, we believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed.
We take our core values seriously and integrate them into our work, operations, and decisions. A quick glimpse at how we work/what we offer:
- Team members are given the opportunity to work from home when necessary to fit their life schedules best.
- 4-weeks of paid time off each year in addition to firm-wide closings at the close of August and December (totaling 6 weeks paid time off).
- 3% 401K match with zero vesting required.
- A professional development stipend, tuition reimbursement, quarterly cell phone reimbursement, and additional wellness-related benefits.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the communities we serve. Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
Koya does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.